Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CONFUSED AND NEW MOM

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my husband has a 5 year old who is in 2 sports. His child’s mother has him scheduled to where he does each sport every other day. Meaning that from Monday-Thursday he’s doing a sport. So my husband is there everyday in the late evening. I had our son just the end of March and I’m on maternity leave so I stay home with the baby while he’s gone. I’m mostly by myself with the baby since my husband is working and right when he’s off he goes to his sons practices. Well once my maternity leave is over and I go back to work I won’t be home in the evenings and he will be. But since his son has all his games how will he be able to watch our newborn? I don’t think our son needs to be watched by his grandma all the time. I feel like my husband needs to split his time for each child. The mother of his first son rarely goes to their sons games and she makes her parents or my husband take him. What do I do?
by on Apr. 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 19, 2018 at 5:58 PM
He can take the baby with him.
Or the Grandmother an watch the baby.
Practices and games for a 5 year old is not that long.
roseofmyheart85
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:08 PM

I am sorry you are in this dilemma.  Can you speak with your husband about your concerns and ask him to speak with his EX and for her to attend some and he will attend the others?  Two sports going on at once can be a lot and you are needing and your newborn are needing him also.  Congratulations on your new addition.  Take Care and God Bless! 

1Evlqwn
by New Member on May. 1, 2018 at 11:08 AM
He can take him.
onethentwins
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2018 at 8:24 PM

Babies can go to practices. He can take your son with him, then he'll be with both of his boys at the same time. No problem. 

Summer118
by New Member on May. 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM

It seems that it would be best if you all talked about it now. I'm thinking that if you wait, the stress will be increased and emotions will be high. Maybe he's feeling guilty about not being with his son and he's just trying to be a good dad. He may not even realize how much time he's spending away from you and your new baby. If you're honest and upfront with him, he may understand and help you come up with a plan that will work for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)