Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out just a bit

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:33 AM
  • 4 Replies
I joined cafemom a few years, when I first realized I wanted to be a mom. I intended to do things on my own, but then life got in the way and I had to postpone those plans. And now I am pregnant, and I am freaking out just a bit. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled, but freaking out.

First of all, it was a semi-drunk one night stand that never should have happened (and yes, I know it was stupid, I do not need a lecture). It figures that the one and only time I do something like this, I get pregnant. I barely even remember what he looked like. Then, i just moved home to Germany. I have a job, I am a nurse, but since I completed my education in the US (I have a BSN) it has not been recognized here yet, so while I have a job, I am working as a 4th year nursing student with the equivilant pay. It will take about four months for my education and license to be recognized, unless they decide my education is not equivilant and I have to take additional classes. And, I do not have an apartment yet. Apartment hunting is hard here, and can take months. I am currently staying with my mother, but she has both my sisters and soon my brother, so not much room, especially for a baby. I just never imagined that it would happen like this. It happened 13 days ago, and I tested yesterday because I woke up and was nauseated. And since I didn't believe the first test, i took a crap ton more. All at work.
by on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
smvrn20
by Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

momof337
by Stephanie on Apr. 25, 2018 at 6:38 AM
Oh my Hugs
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 25, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Take it one day at a time. I bet you will be just fine =0)

4littlesmum
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM

While this wasn't the way that you planned, here you are :)  Congratulations on becoming a Mom. You have a good education, and it sounds like family support, so I have no doubt that you and your baby will be fine. Do you have the Father's name at all? Do you desire to make contact with him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)