Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Theme - Switching Roles

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 7:47 AM
  • 28 Replies

Would you like to switch roles with your husband/partner for a day?

Read what other moms are writing

Write your own post

View prior themes

Feel free to post your response here, in the journals, or both!Smile

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
salemcat
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:42 AM

I don think I would like to switch roles for a day. I have been to his office and his work seems very boring. 

jackibaby
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:18 AM

I don't think I would.  I'm attracted to him for who he is and what he does; I don't want to "be" that though.  I enjoy my place in the world! Kiss

GA1Mommy
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 10:19 AM
I would switch roles in a heartbeat.  He doesn't ever think that I should be tired, because I am home during the day!!!  I tell him all the time, I would love to switch one day- especially on a day that we have 2-3 doctor appointments!! He wouldn't last an hour! LOL
j171978
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 10:21 AM
I would, I'd like to see what it's like being a guy for a day.
Polly
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM
I don't think I would like to switch places with my husband. I'm happy being a mom. I would like for him to see how much I do do all day. I also drive a school bus and take care of things at home. He doesn't think I do anything at all, even though he has meals cooked and clean clothes. I also help him a lot with his work, too. He does odd jobs and works on this guys farm as a farmhand. Last week we were fixing fences. The cows got out. Then he thinks I don't really do anything. We also have 2 girls and some animals of our own. Guess who takes care of them all??!!!! I'm not complaining. I would just like some more understanding.
boysx5
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 10:39 AM
yes I would to drive to work alone and have lunch out and talked with adults all day now that would be nice my dh does know I do alot he always says he has the easier job
SherryL
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
I think it would be interesting just to see what it was like being a man for a day, but I really have no desire to switch roles with him.  He's a great person with a good job, but I love my life and wouldn't want to change it at all.

Sherry
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:28 PM
I would like to switch roles for just one day so he can see what it is like to breastfeed for hours on end then have someone ask "What did you do all day?"  I love him & know he works hard too but sometimes I want to throw something at him.

Samantha
James 3/9/05
Bianca 12/23/06
IsoAnAtisMommy
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:51 PM
I would love to switch places, with my husband for a day! I wouldn't have to mop, vacuum, cook, or do dishes!
ShelBelle
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 1:52 PM
That would be sweet! Then he could do all the house chores & I could sit in a comfy chair behind a comp all day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)