Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hi, newcomer here, Need help fast, please

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi moms, I am new, I just got some information last night that blew my mind. I do not know where to go for help and was hoping one of the member would be able to direct me. My sisters daughter is beating on her, she 12 years old, my sister is 38. This has been going on for a few months and she doesnt know what to do. Her daughter is threatening to call socail services if my sister touches her. HELP PLEASE! You can send me an email if u like. dlkseedig@earthlink.net
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ShelBelle
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Hi & welcome. Sorry to hear ur upsetting news. I'm Brooke. O.k. so what ur saying is that the daughter is beating on the mother, right? Tell the mother when the girl starts hitting her to call the cops. More than likely the cops will take the girl into custody & she might spend sometime in a juvenile housing facility for troubled youth; which seems to me it would prob help the young girl. I hope this helps. Goodluck to u all.-Brooke
Nycutie2707
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 1:40 PM
Has she considered seeing a social worker or  something along those lines with her daughter. She aparently needs help, wether it be  medication or to be put into some some sort of Juvi center.
Momof4Kristin
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 2:37 PM
She needs to call the cops the next time this happens. I know that's hard to do with your own child, but it's the only way. Her daughter is going to really hurt her or someone else. Maybe a little time in Juvi or in front of a judge would scare her straight. After that, I'd suggest some counseling for them both.
TiffanyQ
by on Feb. 27, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Uncovering where the anger is coming from would be my objective if i were the girls mother. Also, she is obviously out of control and needs to know that her mother is IN control. So first and foremost I would make it clear to my daughter that is what my intention was and how the course of events would go, sparing no detail and pulling no surprises. Making it clear if she would have X amount of time to cooperate with each step before we move on to the next.
First church = praying together as a family because her bahavior is a family problem not just her problem.
Next counseling = private/separate/serious/expensive.
Finally, tough love =  Police reports/ permanent records/separation of the family/consequences for her actions beyond parental control.
That is what I would do. I hope your sister can find a solution for her family and Im glad she has you to lean on.
calydu
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Before she does anything she needs to have proof of what is happening.  Tell her to set up a tape recorder in the room that this occurs in...just set in on record....and let it record until it runs out of tape.  This is audio proof and will capture the sounds of the hits, your sister's reaction to it, and any verbal threats that your niece makes.

Even better if she can get a video recorder and hide it.  Remind her to put a piece of non-transparent tape over the bulb that lights up when it is on record.  She can set it to nightvision to catch anything in the dark.

Many parents have called the cops and the child has this elaborate story that is so detailed that the parent is led out in cuffs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN