Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CafeMom Theme - How do you spark your child's imagination?

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 12:46 AM
  • 2 Replies

How do you spark your child's imagination?

Read what other moms are writing

Write your own post

View prior themes

Feel free to post your response here, in the journals, or both!Smile

by on May. 24, 2007 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JanieS1219
by on May. 24, 2007 at 8:24 AM
  With my son its not easy...but I usually join in on the activity to show him *sometimes 2 heads are better then one*.

Example: He had this gawd awful project in math...the teacher wanted him to write about his favorite mathmatician (thinkin to self...is there anyone on the face of the earth that has a favorite mathmatician???)

Lightbulb Idea  We did his report on Sir Isaac Newton...wrote a basic report on the facts, then we downloaded a pic from the web, krinkled it up and soaked it in coffee for a few hours. We then took it out of the coffee, very carefully we straightened it up, let it dry, and the pic looked like it was extremely old.  We did the same with the pages of the report, and then took a lighter and burned around the edges, and wala...looked like it came straight out of the *Smithsonian Museam* !!!  Needless to say he got an A+...learned about history as well as math, and he used his (and my) imagination!!! 

Cherish77
by Cherish on May. 24, 2007 at 7:06 PM
I don't really have tom Faith has a very vivid imagination, she tells me about her mermaids, and puppie, and all kinds of things, I love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)