Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
going out of town for the weekend first trip with the baby what should i pack and how much ... any ideas help !!!
by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Juliepost25
by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:21 AM
well, here it goes. Make sure you have enough diapers, wipes, formula if you bottle feed, clothes and wipes. Those are the main things. Toys to keep your little one happy. Burp rags in the vehicle just in case. A small first aid kit, there cheap at Wal-mart. Make sure to put infant or children's Tylenol in there depending on the age of your baby, or Motrin. I personally found Motrin works best to knock a fever out fast. Sun screen if your going to have the baby out in the sun. Bug repellent make sure it's for a child, though. You don't want your little one getting bit up by mosquito's and such, because when they are so young, there reaction is worse than ours. Take it from me. My son had a very bad reaction to mosquito bites, and ended up in the emergency room. A couple of blankets to keep your little one warm just in case it gets chilly. Hope this helps some.. Any questions drop me a line.. I'm a twenty-six year old mother of three. Ages 10, 2, and 2 months. I'm also studying to be a Medical Assistant, so my knowledge of the medical field is great. Have a great night.
Robin
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2007 at 7:49 AM
In addition to what Julie mentioned... extra clothes in case your baby has an accident, sunscreen, toys, pacifier, blankets...  You'll probably also want a pack and play and a stroller.

I'm packing for my baby today, too!  I usually bring 6-8 diapers/day and baby snacks like cheerios. 

Have a fun trip!!! 
Robin
mammaoftwins
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:57 PM
Always remember the Motrin or tylenol! They could spring a fever anytime. Lots of diaper(over pack if needed) wipes of course.If you won't be around a washer over pack on clothes cause you never know. Play pin for night fav blanket and toys,Lots of socks :) Make sure you have plenty of formula. This is stuff you could get at a store near by but what if something happens and you can't get to a store? I feel it's best to over think it all and you should be good to go. Oh and bath wash.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN