Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG.........Freaking Out Here

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 1:37 PM
  • 12 Replies
OK so I am sitting here on the computer and just hangin out with my kids cause the air quality is bad and it's a little too warm for them outside right now......anyway my DH just walks in the door all casually and such and he doesn't get off of work untill 4pm so I asked him what he was home so early for. He said he had a little accident at work so he pulls his hat off and he has 5 FREAKIN STAPLES IN THE TOP OF HIS HEAD. Not the small staples mind you the BIG ones. He works for a contractor that build bridges and puts in culverts and other work for the state...a big beam fell on his head ....and guess what the boss hasen't given out hard hats to the new guys yet...he had better do it soon or he is going to be hearing from me REAL soon. That's my hubby out there...I don't know what I would do if something happened to him...
by on May. 24, 2007 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
guam_mama
by on May. 24, 2007 at 1:41 PM
LOL!!! I'm sorry to laugh but your dh sounds just like mine! Matter of fact, he sort of likes to show off his battle wounds....not obnoxiously, but you can sort of tell he holds pride in them because he walks straighter and makes sure you bring it up and ask him about it every 10 mintues...LOL

I just love how they act like its no big deal, but then they love it when you baby them...LOL
parkerkamismom
I'm guessing there was some sort of OSHA violation here - those guys should NOT be permitted to work without a hard hat.  Can you say LAWSUIT!  What if something awful were to happen?
tweetyfan
I would be freakin out too ...Is he alright ?  Tell him thats a heck of a way for a 4 day weekend .LOL  .But truly i would keep an eye on him ... keep me updated please....
brandnumom07
by on May. 24, 2007 at 1:42 PM
sounds like you have a law suit on your hands. he shouldnt have been working without the proper equipment to keep him from getting hurt, and his employer should have provided that equipment. i would call some lawyers for some advice and see what they say, if i were you. im glad your hubby is ok enough to come home to you and your family. youre in my prayers.
FullTime_Mom
by on May. 24, 2007 at 1:53 PM
He seems all right...but we will see..thanks to everyone for your support..His boss is going to hear from me I can be a real sweet person most of the time but there was no excuse for this...
renee721
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:52 PM
I came home w/ my 2yr old son from shopping this past Christmas....I had tried to call my hubby on the way home, but he didn't answer. Well, when I got home, he came out to the car & said, do we have any big bandages? I was like, what did you do? He asked again, so I yelled, what happened???? Well, he was making a vanity set for my nieces, & he slipped & cut the tip of his ring finger off!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, I FREAKED!  I had my mom come over to get my son so we could go to the E.R. But when she saw it, even she said they wouldn't be able to do anything except give him pain meds. But he was trying to act like everything was cool. yeah right, I know that hurt like hell!
EscobedobyzMom
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:54 PM
OUCH watch for some things to come up later with his neck and such. Hope he heals quickly
tabbiewood
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:57 PM
OH my word! That is undeniably, the worst thing that his boss could do! NO HARD HATS??? I would sue! :) (maybe...)
E.D.I.
by on May. 24, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Poor guy, i'm glad he is ok. Keep a close eye on him tho, other problems may arise later on due to the head trauma.
hannahsmom0107
by Member on May. 24, 2007 at 5:32 PM
OMG!!!!!!!  I can't believe you are so calm.  My hubby works for a company that contracts with the government they are HUGE into safety.  They have to sign a contract that they will stop the work if there is anything unsafe even if its the "bosses" being unsafe.  Men always belitte being sick or hurt, but what if it was worse.  They were lucky that he walked away.  A FREAKIN BEAM?  WOW!  I would hate to see anyone lose there job but this can't happen again.

How r u doing today??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)