Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP!! I need input on Father's Day Idea

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so I was thinking that I want to make Father's Day Cards for my husband from our boys. So here is my idea. Money is kinda tight for us right now so I am going to make handmade cards. I want to trace the outline of my sons hands and glue them to a card. Have my older boy color them and then put a Father's Day poem on the inside. So what do you ladies think. I believe that it is more personal and from the heart if the boys give him something they made rather than something bought at the store. I know I probably shouldn't do anything considering he didn't do anything for Mother's Day. But I am not that type of person. Anyway I am rambling I just wanted to know what you ladies thought of my idea. BTW Nate is 4 and Cameron is 11 months.
by on May. 24, 2007 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shrnflr
by on May. 24, 2007 at 3:03 PM
I think that sounds wonderful!Theres a web site called DLTK for kids, I dont have the exact web address, but, they have some great ideas and some samples of poems. Good luck! I'm sure your hubby will love it!  Shari
AnnF
by on May. 24, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea. My kids do the handprints for Valentines day for my husband. It's our little tradition. Hand in paint then on paper. I bought frames on clearance somewhere so every year we just change them out and I put away the old one.
mammaoftwins
by on May. 24, 2007 at 3:10 PM
I think it's a really cute idea! I think he'd like it.
vicky86
by on May. 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM
I think that is a great idea. It will mean alot to him. 
cassismommy4106
by on May. 24, 2007 at 6:31 PM
That idea sounds great. I think he will appriciate it more because instead of going out and buying something you took the time to make it personal.
Liz814
by on May. 24, 2007 at 6:35 PM
HEY THATS THE WAY TO GO, SOMETHING HE WILL TREASURE FOR A LONG TIME. YOU CAN ALSO GET SOME IDEAS FROM CRAYOLA.COM THEY HAVE SOME CRAFT IDEAS AND PRINT OUTS YOU CAN USE TO HELP  ALONG WITH THE CARD MAKING.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN