Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Birthcontrol seems to be making me emotional???

Posted by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello everyone....I have a two month old baby boy and about two weeks ago I started taking a low dose birth-control because I am breastfeeding and I have been emotional over everything....I am wondering if anyone gets emotional while taking b/c???  I am pretty sure its not the baby blues cuz I was feeling great before then but little things seem to get to me it feels like I am PMSing.....just wanted to see if anyone has ever felt the same??
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaz
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:30 PM
i've been on a billion kinds of birth control but since i started ortho tri-cyclen i haave been an emotional wreck. pretty much on a daily basis
EscobedobyzMom
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:31 PM
YEP been there done that. It is the level of hormones.
Meltingcrayon
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM
i was on the shot and it ade me depressed and very moody...like snaping at small things
E.D.I.
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:34 PM
I was on ortho tri-cyclen years ago and i was a walking time bomb ready to explode. I couldnt handle anything. i cried, snapped heads off and eventually new it wasnt for me and i stopped taking it. i was miserable. not to mention my periods would last 4 weeks at a time and they said oh its just your body adjusting. nope, sorry not for me. life was hell!
natesmom500
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:35 PM
I've been on the depo-provera shot for 8 months. And yes i to am an emotional rollercoaster. My period was for only one day and it was very light. Now It came Thursday before mothersday and im still on it. I might just get my tubes cut im tired of all this weird stuff im feeling and going through. So no you are not alone!
fulloflaughs26
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:37 PM
I haven't experienced this myself, but some of my friends have.  One of my friends became so depressed she was practically suicidal.  Another one of my friends was acting so irrationally that she called off her new engagement, broke up with him completely, almost dropped out of school, stopped talking to a few of her friends.  She finally switched her birth control and is working on getting her life back on track.....school, friends and the boyfriend!

If you feel like it is causing more bad than good, talk to your doctor about switching birth control.
I_am_so_blessed
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:40 PM
Yep. Your body is adjusting to the birth control hormones. So it is completely normal. Plus your body is also still adjusting to having had the baby. You will probably experience some irregular bleeding while on birth control for the first 1-3 packs. Don't get worried it's normal. I am also on a low-dose pill, Yaz to be exact and I find I really like it.
RissAnLandysMom
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Yes! I take Mircette (low does pill) and the 2nd & 3rd weeks have me PMS'ing so bad!  I have to take it for ovarian cysts as it helps my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome tremndously or else I would quit taking them all together.  My next OB/GYN app't is in Nov & I may consider a full hysterectomy just to get relief but birth control pills are awful.  You are not alone.
meggamommy
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Well since I am breastfeeding...I haven't n my period.  With my daughter I didn't get a period for 15 months so....I dunno whats wrong.  I have taken b/c before and never felt so sensitive.  My husband pointed it out to me last night and today my daughter had a festival at school and I normally would volunteer at the school during events and unfortunately couldn't and I was going to cry about it!!!!!  It is not something I would normally get so upset about....hopefully over time I'll get back on track.  Thanks all for your comments I just needed some advice!!!!

roxowen
by on May. 24, 2007 at 4:54 PM
Nice to know we're not alone! It's got to be the hormones. I just got my first period after getting Mirena (iud) put in and i was depressed for like 3 days. Now things have settled down thank God, but I'm not looking foward to my next period if it's going to be like this. I have a 19month old and a 2month old so needless to say I don't have time to be feeling that way nor do I want them to see me like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)