Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What has your child/children done to embarrass you?

Posted by on May. 29, 2007 at 7:52 AM
  • 31 Replies
I have not seen this question posted yet- but what have your children/child done to embarrass you?

I can think of 2 things that my kids still talk about and RFLOL when they talk about it.

1. I was in the bathroom when the phone rang, my daughter, Hayley answered the phone and a gentleman asked if her mommy was there.  She said yes, and proceeded to bring the phone into the bathroom, as soon as she opened the bathroom door my son, Brett, yelled "Mom is taking a poop and it stinks!" Of course my daughter didn't have her hand over the phone,  and she decided to repeat what my son had just said to the caller.  He said thank you and hung up. - Never did find out who had called!

2. My husband and I were in Lowe's with the 3 kids when one of their automated announcements came over the PA system that someone needed assistance in the vanities.  My oldest daughter, Erin looked at us and said "why would they need customer assistance in their panties?"  As we were laughing-my husband who "didn't need a cart" dropped about 5 pieces of wood molding-and cussed "SH-T" and my son-looked at him and innocently replied-"oh you smell it too?"
Everyone in that aisle was laughing at us at that point!
by on May. 29, 2007 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parents2bkl
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:00 AM
We were in Target one day when my daughter was about 2 and we saw this woman who was maybe about 55-60 and all of a sudden Brianna yelled out hi grandma! The woman laughed and said I'm not one yet but hope to be soon! I was so embarrassed!!!
notyorrick
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:21 AM
This past december, when my daughter was about seven weeks old, we went to a Christmas party of a close friend. While we are close to the hostess, there were a great many people there that we did not know, her husbands work colleagues and neigbors -they were new to the neigborhood at the time. I had my baby dress up in a little christmas dress, white tights, tiny little black dress shoes. I carried her around with me as I introduced myself to a group of at least eight women. No one returned my introduction, instead just gave me a look i can't really describe. One of them pointed to the floor at my feet. In slow motion, I followed their gazes, and there, on my friend's glossy wood floor, next to my high heels, was a pile of something orange colored. "please oh please let that be someone's spillled drink!" I thought to myself. But it was not! My baby had somehow propelled her poop so that it was not absorbed by her diaper, did not get on her dress, only touched a tiny part of her tights and jumped out on the floor. She just smiled.
ivymom864
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM
me and my dd were shopping w/her aunt and cousin both kids are 5yrs. she went an isle over, next thing i know mine is yelling to her cousin-"did you see the ugly woman w/the bug on her nose?'  cousin yells back- "no where is she?' we turn the corner on the isle w/the cousin and the woman, mine yells again "that woman right there" pointing at her, the cousin yells "oh how gross, she is ugly."   the woman looked- i said i am very sorry. and  walked by quickly. the bug was a mole.
mommywine
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:43 AM
My daughter (then about age 4 years) and I were standing in line at the pharmacy counter to get her prescription filled for one of her many recurring urinary tract/kidney infections from reflux, she was smiling at the woman behind us....the woman noticing the extremely short bang trim my father in law had given my daughter the day before said I see you got a new hair cut, my daughter said yeah, and I got a sick vagina too!!

Another time while at the doctor for one of her urinary tract infections, the nurse was trying to demonstrate using a very old baby doll how to wipe front to back. My daughter, glancing but not really paying attention to the nurse's words, suddenly jerked her head and said O my Gosh, your baby has chicken hocks on her vagina!!

3timesblessed
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:48 AM
I hope this doesn't offend anybody~  It STILL cracks me up and its been 3 years!  My DH never wears anything to bed, and one morning when he woke up and was on his way into the bathroom when my 2 yr old son happened to be walking into the room.  Now, Kenny gave him a very strange look but I didn't think anything of it....      Later that afternoon we were visiting with our neighbors when Ken came up to us and said, "Guess what~  My daddy has a peep (that's our word for it) as big as a castle!" with his arms up over his head.  I wanted to crawl in a hole!  My DH  turned a little pink and said "thanks bud" and we all laughed so hard at the pure awkwardness of it!  Luckily we're all good friends LOL 
ilvbeingamom4
by on May. 29, 2007 at 8:54 AM
We went out to eat after church one Sunday at Ruby Tuesdays. The hostess showed us to our table and as soon as we sat down my oldest son (age 3) yells out, "Mommy, your booty is Ginormous!" It was so funny because we have no idea how even heard that word ginormous- it's not like its a very common word. Of course my face was red and beaming. It was hilarous but totally embarassing cause the whole side of the restaraunt was laughing.
hrdezurik
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:00 AM
I have two.

When my son was just a baby. My niece and I where sitting in a Mcdonalds up by my Grandmas house. We have just sat down all the tables around us were full. So we started eating and all of a sudden Brady tooted. It got very quite and all eyes were on us. My 5 year year old niece yelled out. Ewww Brady tooted and it sounded wet. lol. 

My two year old daughter still does this.  

We are shopping and she sees an older gentleman and she yells out Hi Papa. She does this through the whole store. So by the time we leave she has about 5 new Papa's.........lol. All of the new Papa's just smile at her and say hi back. One of them came up and pated her on the head. Then she said "Stop it."  lol
debjanus
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:14 AM
I can remember a time when my 2nd oldest who is 6 years old right now but at the time was around 3 years old we went to the store and at the check out there was a lady behind us and my daughter started to point at her and said loudly there is Miss Piggy, Mommy there is Miss Piggy.  at first I thought maybe there was a Muppet's movie by the counter and when I turned to look the lady standing behind me had a nose just like Miss Piggy.  I was soooooooo embarrassed - I'm pretty sure I turned a shade of red.  I also tryed to say something like yes I saw that Muppet movie so, that the lady didn't think my daughter was talking about her but my daughter then began to say no that lady and point again.  I just couldn't get out of the store fast enough.  That saying is right.  Kids say the darnest things.
renee721
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:14 AM
I was in a waiting room for a dr. appt one day, & had my 2 yr old son w/ me. We were joking around a little bit, & he ripped a big one. Then to top that off, he said...VERY LOUDLY...mommy, I farted! Of course everyone was laughing!
sweetemotions
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:30 AM
OMG--this is a good question!!!!!

I was about 6 months pregnant with my third child--my other 2 children,more so my son,who was about 4 years old at the time,was quite inquisitive about the impending birth and how it all started.....Well I had no idea how to begin to expalin it to him --so I took him in to see my OB/GYN,who also specializes in dealing with children ( in sexual abuse situations and such) so I thought he would be better at answering my son's questions and giving me ideas as to how I could talk to my children about this subject.....My OB/GYN was great--he sat and talked with my son,showed him models of  a baby in the womb,ect....my doctor also provided me with a book and a video that was specifically geared to help children understand about pregnancy and the birthing process....He also advised me to only answer my childs questions,and not include or extend it past the childs question.......
Well my son seemed quite satisfied with having his questions answered and he never asked me about anything after that......
WELL....one day I decided to take my 2 children and my mother out for the day..the kids wanted to go to the mall so thats where we headed--they wanted something to eat and they wanted Burger King ( which is inside the mall)--Burger King was packed with people,so there we were standing in line,when my rather outspoke son taps the older man in front of us on the leg--the guy turns and around and says to my son " can I help you little guy?" my son shouts out " Do you know how my mom got that baby in her stomach? She had sex in the bedroom with my dad!!!" I nearly died of embarrassment! I had no idea where in the hell he got that from,but I wanted to ring his little neck........!!!!!!!!

I later discovered that the boy that lived across the street from us at the time,decided to tell my son all about where babies come from,in a more direct manner!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN