Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need help

Posted by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
My name is Bobbie. I am a nanny for 3 picky eaters. I need help coming up with new meal idea for the kids i take care of. I want something that kids enjoy eating and that is healthy for them.  Please help me these kids are in need of some healthy food!! They eat nothing but chicken nuggets and fried food. My job is to get them in to a healthy diet, but they are so use to what they have been getting at home it is hard for me to gat them to eat anything new.Please help me this family needs me!!!        Thank you Miss Bobbie
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bastianmami
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:16 PM
have you tried finger foods, raisins, grapes, carrot and celery sticks that they can dip in ranch dressing. i don't know what they like but maybe grilled cheese on whole wheat with real tomato soup, this used to work for the kids i babysat. my kids all liked finger foods, even if they were healthy. i cut there sandwichs up small and they would even eat lettuce like this.
that is all i can think of now, i hope it helps a little.
CrzyHome
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM
try having them help you get the food and making somethings...
sandwich...after it is all together take cookie cut outs and cut the sandwich up w/ that, either little ones or one big one.
pizza...tortilla (corn or flour) cut string cheese in slices so they come out in circles, get cheddar crumbl cheese, and then if they like veggie and fruit (pineapple), olives, mushrroms, put everything in little bowls and they can put their pizzas together as long as the eat them. 
breakfast pizza...get biscuit (in the can pillsbury) and the ones you r suppose to roll up, leave them out flat as triangles (let kids put them on cookie sheets) then take out b-fast food, peanut butter, bananas, raisins, egg & bacon. let them put stuff together.
try giving them dip for their veggies and try a different one every week, no matter how strange it looks.
if they want burritos try different stuff...my kids like mexican chorizo & either whole pinto beans or smashed beans w/it or hash browns and egg mixed w/it..also just egg and chorizo.   i can think of more later.. just drawing a blank right now on dinner.  drop a line if you want more stuff.
akhlass
by on May. 31, 2007 at 3:17 AM
trick them into eating the healthy foods.  Do they have super heros, animals, or dolls they like?  Tell them create fun stories about their favorite characters eating the healthy items... And later serve the items for lunch etc.. and remind them the characters eat them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)