Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm 28 wks pregnant with my 1st kid and totally clueless!!

Posted by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 28 wks pregnant with my 1st kid and was wondering is there anybody that can give me any advice???? If so contact me ASAP!
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2323
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM

i have an 8 week old, my first one an di was totally cluless...all i can say is that it all came natural to me...there are still things im not sure about but it has been wonderful...he is the best thing that has happened to me!!! good luck:)

mabrayof4
What kind of advice are you looking for?  have 4 kiddos and would love to help!
bjwiraden
First off let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Being a mommy is the greatest feeling in the world. Next, it will all be okay.lol. I know how scary it is, don't stress out over small stuff. The best advice I have ever been given is don't tiptoe around them when they are sleeping, they will be a light sleeper. I made as much noise as needed with both of my boys, and to this day if I need to run the vaccum cleaner and they are asleep in the floor, I can vaccum around them. Any other questions please feel free to ask. My name is Jenny, and I will help as much as I can. But just remember, it is ok.
takbeach
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Just make sure to give up your entire life for the baby!!  Get no sleep or peace.....  LOL!!  You'll get used to it and just go with the flow.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be perfect.  Mom's the glue that keeps it all together so try not to get too stressed.    Let the laundry go and accept help from anyone who will give it to you.    And remember to breathe....this is the biggest challenge you'll ever face and you'll do fine....    
Princess2000
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! MY ADVICE TO YOU WOULD BE TO ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY&KEEP ALL YOUR  APPTS.  TRY TO EAT HEALTHY&NOT EAT FOR TWO  THAT IS WHAT CAUSES THOSE EXCESS POUNDS.
kirb24
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Are you looking for pregnancy advice or just baby advice in general? I'm pregnant w/ my second little one...31 weeks right now. Let me know if there is something specific you need help w/. I'm glad to help!

gin198806
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:01 PM
eat lots of bananas or u'll get cramps in your legs
baby1love
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Quoting gin198806:

eat lots of bananas or u'll get cramps in your legs

IS THAT TRUE????
koensmommy
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Hi there and congrats...I have 2 wonderful children with a third on the way...i am young but if i can be of any asistants to u please let me kno what type of advice u are lookin for and we will go from there....the names steff by the way...ttyl
LuvMyChloe
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM

I know how you feel...I was totally freaked out about being pregnant!  What kept me calm was thinking ahead to after the baby's born.  I thought of all the fun things I could do with her.  I also kept telling myself that this pregnancy would be over before I knew it.

As for labor - mine was long but, believe it or not, it was a piece of cake.  And it's over in hours, not 40-ish weeks!

Congrats and good luck - you'll love being a mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)