Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm 28 wks pregnant with my 1st kid and totally clueless!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 28 wks pregnant with my 1st kid and was wondering is there anybody that can give me any advice???? If so contact me ASAP!
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-17):
Jackie966
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:10 PM
its really important that you know your ob/gyn and his philosophy re natural birth. I had an emergency c-section and am a member of the support groups here and they are wonderful. it still amazes me that there are many drs who perform unneeded surgery, and some who have a c-section rate as high as 80%. if you want a natural childbirth, you want to find out if your dr will impose a time limit on how long you may be in labor, the percentage of babies he delivers by c-section (should be no higher than 25%) and how much control you will have regarding this. read any consent forms carefully, and NEVER sign anything the day you go into the hospital. have a third party, preferably an attorney, review any and all paperwork, and be really upfront with  your dr. if he/she is evasive---shake hands and find another dr. most will be upfront, but ask around about your choice. its sad, but people ask more questions about a used car than someone they are entrusting their life to.
zandersmom05
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:11 PM
what do you need to know??  I am totally willing to answer anything I can for you just let me know!!  Im Chrissy, 25, and just had my first child two years ago....,
sisandcamsmom
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Congradulations! Let me say. Enjoy them while they are little! Once they hit 2 LOOK OUT lol. You will do fine, everything just comes natural, I have two myself, an 8 yr old and 2 almost 3 and right now we are working on potty training... we were lucky both of them slept good, but there are those nights... We are talking about #3 in about a year or so... so we will see, but i can honestly say its nothing like having a baby! Both times when I gave birth it wasn't 15 mins after I said I WANT ANOTHER!! Good Luck
Libbie
CARAELLIOTT
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:17 PM
I HAVE TWO BOYS ON E WHO IS ALMOST 4 AND ONE WHO IS 15 MONTHS OLD SO I WAS SCARED AT FIRST WITH MY OLDEST AT FIRST WHAT KIND OF ADVICE DO U NEED JUST EMAIL ME HERE OK. MY NAME IS CARA
CMWMommy
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Don't worry, don't stress... you will figure it all out! It will come naturally to you, I would reccomend getting the book called "Baby 411" and you can start reading it now and use it as a reference for when your baby gets here. It will help out when you have questions. Good Luck!
brenleys_mom
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:29 PM

I am the proud mother of a one year old baby girl and the best advice I can give you is to not listen to too much advice.  People tell you some crazy things when you are a new mom....so if it sounds crazy check into it before following their advice...no matter how reliable the source.

Good Luck...Im sure if you're this worried it is only a sign that you will be a great mother!!!!!!!!

heatherizzle
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM

All i can say is CONGRATS! I have a 14 month old right now and believe me, all the stress you feel about being clueless right now is totally normal. It will come more natural to you than you think. I was only 16 when i had my baby but all you can really do is just picture yourself AFTER the baby's here and you'll get through it. I'm here if you have any questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)