Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CafeMom Theme - The story of your child's birth

Posted by   + Show Post

Share the story of your child's birth.

Read what other moms are writing

Write your own post

View prior themes

Feel free to post your response here, in the journals, or both!Smile
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Replies (11-16):
angels.burn
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 11:23 AM
January 8 2001 i went into labor, went to the hospital and they told me it was to soon, gave me some meds and told me to get some sleep, i was back in the hospital every Sunday ( i don't know why) until finally Feb 12 my first son Tobias was born by C-Section. So of his birth that is all i can remember, all though my ex husband says i was sing all the way down to the OR and all through the C-Section, something along the lines of "I have no legs, I have no arms."
jpsbaby
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 2:25 PM
I have had five of them but the second one was the most interesting one of them all. I was using an independant doctor and he was going out of town around the time my son was to be born. He induced my labor two weeks early so he could deliver it because I was big on not having some strange doctor who knew nothing about me to deliver him. Well I got to the hospital at 6 am when I was to arrive. They broke my water as plan and labor was going good. We was to have this baby my Noon at the latest. Well around 7:50 that morning I told my mom that I was having really bad pains in the vaginal area. The nurse came into to check me and when she went to check me my son grabed her fingers and would not let go. So she had my mom go get another nurse who then called my doctor and got him to the hospital ASAP. When he got there I was scared out of my mind because there was millons of people running around and the worst part was when they threw myhospital gown up and started shaving me in the area of the csection. I kept asking tham what was going on and no one would answer. When I finally got to talk to my doctor he told that I was having a csection because my sons hand was above his head and he cold not be delivered naturally this way. But the joke to this day is that he took the AT&t commercials a little to far ewhen they said reach out and touch some one.
Kittyhugz
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 8:10 PM
I LOVE THIS i never get tired of tell this story!!!!
Ok... I went in for my regular check up it was three days before my due date. my appointment was at 8:45am. All i had for breakfast was was a bowl of honey nut cheerios. I went to the clinic at the hospital. they couldn't get my blood pressure down so they sent me to triage where they monitored my blood pressure until like 1:30pm when they diagnosed me with pre eclampsia, and told me they were going to induce me, right here right now so i didn't have anything ready and my boy friend had to call everyone to tell them. when they check my cervix i was alread 61/2 cen. dialated i was induced around 3:30pm because of the pre eclampsia they also had me on magnisium which in a way make you high and slightly unaware of your surrounding and you kinda slur words so i had a good old time randomly say none related thing that made no sence. I yelled at my boy friend alot and the nurses they put a moniture on my stomach for the baby. all i wanted to  do was sit indian style but the nurse's would come in and make me lay down so that i wouldn't knock down the baby monitor. around 8:00pm the nurses came to check my cervix and my son's head was already starting to come out they had to start delivering them selve. Joby's head was already out before the doctor got in there and joby was "born" at 8:15
LilMommaCat
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Well my oldest had been in position for two weeks.She was full term when I was induced well my contractions had already started and I didn't feel them(NOT AT FIRST).I was in labor from 5:00 am. At 8:00 pm the nurses had me pushing w/o my Dr. there. Through out the day my nurse would go in to check me but instead of moving the, umm forgot what they are called the for the heart rate monitor she would push on my stomache untill you could hear my baby's heart.OH MY GOSH IT HURT. Anyway the nurses had me pushing for 2 hours when finally they called my Dr. When my Dr. arrived she was upset about the fact I had a fever and also had been pushing for so long.NOT EVEN 10 min.s after my Dr. arrived my beautiful daughter was born. She opened her eyes when I said her name to her. I never thought THAT even with all that had seemed to have gone wrong that night would be one of the best days of my life!

starmom4976
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 9:19 PM
MY DAUGHTER WAS A WEEK OVERDUE AND THATS NO FUN IN THE SUMMER!! I HAD TO BE INDUCED. THEY STARTED ON FRIDAY 7-24-98, AND THEY THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO TAKE A FEW HOURS.....I DID NOT HAVE HER TIL SUNDAY...7-26-98. AT 5:55PM SHE WAS HERE!!!!! MY SON WAS TO BE DUE JAN 2 AND BOY DID HE COME ON THAT DAY!!!! IT WAS ABOUT 4 IN THE MORNING I WAS HAVING CONTRACTIONS. I WOKE MY FIANCEE UP AT THAT TIME AND HE WOKE UP AND ASKED IF IT COULD WAIT TIL LATER AND ROLLED BACK OVER. I THINK HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT I TOLD HIM. NOW BEING IN PAIN, I GRABBED HIS HAIR AND PULLED HIS HEAD OFF THE PILLOW AND TOLD HIM IT WAS TIME TO GO. THEN WE WENT. WE WERE AT THE HOSPITAL BY 5 AM AND HAD MY SON AT 9:55 AM.. IT WAS FAST!!!! FASTER THAN MY DAUGHTER!!
Chlochlosmom
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Quoting starmom4976:

MY DAUGHTER WAS A WEEK OVERDUE AND THATS NO FUN IN THE SUMMER!! I HAD TO BE INDUCED. THEY STARTED ON FRIDAY 7-24-98, AND THEY THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO TAKE A FEW HOURS.....I DID NOT HAVE HER TIL SUNDAY...7-26-98. AT 5:55PM SHE WAS HERE!!!!! MY SON WAS TO BE DUE JAN 2 AND BOY DID HE COME ON THAT DAY!!!! IT WAS ABOUT 4 IN THE MORNING I WAS HAVING CONTRACTIONS. I WOKE MY FIANCEE UP AT THAT TIME AND HE WOKE UP AND ASKED IF IT COULD WAIT TIL LATER AND ROLLED BACK OVER. I THINK HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT I TOLD HIM. NOW BEING IN PAIN, I GRABBED HIS HAIR AND PULLED HIS HEAD OFF THE PILLOW AND TOLD HIM IT WAS TIME TO GO. THEN WE WENT. WE WERE AT THE HOSPITAL BY 5 AM AND HAD MY SON AT 9:55 AM.. IT WAS FAST!!!! FASTER THAN MY DAUGHTER!!
And I thought I was the only one with a long labor! I don't feel so alone now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)