Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Newbie!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello everyone! I am a new member here :) I am so glad to have found this place! I am a first time mom dealing with some serious issues. My daughter is 15 months now and sometimes I am sooo overwhelmed. She gets into everything and makes a lot of mess it seems like. I love that baby with all of my heart but sometimes I feel like a bad mother. I have Fibromyalgia and I feel like I should be able to do more with her. She doesnt go to sleep when I want her to...she hardly does anything I want her to. I was never expected to have children, but my little girl was a surprise. I had already prepared myself to never have children. Then I had to re-prepare myself for a baby!!!!!!!!!! I am still adjusting to her and her to me. I graduated from college but I am a stay at home mom. My husband works and his salary barely makes ends meet. So I am at home all day with her. I just am clueless I suppose on what to do. I am currently looking into activities the community has to offer for us. I just feel bad sometimes because I just want her to leave me alone and not be so clingy. She never really wants to play by herself, she always wants to be under me. I have a book on how to keep a toddler busy and I have tried things in there for her. She gets bored really quick with the activities, even if they are new ones. I think she gets bored with things because they arent challenging enough. She learned to walk at 9 months and perfected it by 11 months. She talks a lot and can say a lot of words in english and spanish. Her father , my husband, is spanish. I just wanted to introduce myself a little.... hope to hear from you!
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 3, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Hi Mom4AU,

Parenting can be really tough sometimes but it is also rewarding.

Feel free to say hi to the other Moms here and send out some friend invitations, too!

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin
veg4animals2006
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 11:30 PM
Wow. Sounds like you have a bright child on your hands! Maybe you could find a daycare to drop her off at for a few hours a day to have some free time?
Mom4AU
by on Mar. 3, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Quoting veg4animals2006:

Wow. Sounds like you have a bright child on your hands! Maybe you could find a daycare to drop her off at for a few hours a day to have some free time?

Hello!!! I have tried that and it was very expensive and she screamed the entire time. That broke my heart :( 

I am going to try the community activties next. THANKS for the replies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)