Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
well i went to the doctors the other day because my hair has been falling out,and the doctor told me i have HEAD LICE!!! so i went home and check my SO and my kids and we all have.the doctor gave us all a perscription for Lindane but im affraid to use it because i read the panflit it came with and every other sentence said it can cause seizures especialy in people under 110lbs.i weight 112 and my kids are only 20 and 25 lbs.i dont want to take any chances at all its realy freaking me out!!! also i dont know what to do with the furnature,should i spray it with something or what? and what safe my my kids?the 2 and 9 months any help would be great!!!
by on Jun. 6, 2007 at 8:51 PM
Replies (21-24):
jadelotus
by on Jun. 6, 2007 at 11:51 PM
Mayo will help get rid of the lice. That's what I use on my kids. Cover head completely in mayo and then wrap head in plastic wrap and leave for several hours. Wash out. Make sure to wash everything like bedding, clothing, furniture any stuffed animals your kids play with
bshredy3
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Our pediatrician told us to use vegetable oil, the thicker the better. Coat their hair and put a shower cap on and leave it for an hour. Then rinse their hair with vinegar. After that, wash it, and comb through with a lice comb.  Then repeat in a week. Also, do all the other things with bedding, combs, etc. I actually did this every week for about a month with my daughter since she was only 3 at the time and didn't sit very still! I bribed her with cookies or m&m's to get her to sit still. I still comb through her hair periodically to be safe. Good luck!!!
AnnieGLawless
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Call the pharmacy they will be able to help you with the questions you have even if you got a free sample. They will also guide you to what else you need to do or know. Have any questions ask them, they might have a phamplet on lice.
Found a site for you.
http://www.ineed2know.org/head-lice.htm

http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/Everything-You-Need-To-Know-About-Head-Lice/127028
PeanutBoogie
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 8:03 PM
Is losing your hair a common symptom of lice? 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN