Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stuck bowel movement

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 2 and half year old nephew has a bowel movement that is to big to push out, I know this is a little TMI, but you can see it but it won't come out, it's to big and hard. Does any have any suggestions, should we take him to the ER?
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
en0_elttil
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:53 PM
give him prunes or apple/grape juice...should loosen it enough to get it out...if its still there tomorrow though i would go to the doc
xoheaven777
give him lots of liqwuid to drink.....i would call the hospital and ask..
loeschkemom
put him in a warm bath sometimes that will help loosen.... i'm no dr but we have actually tried this with our kids we couldn't actually see it but as soon as they were in there for a few we saw it....
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Have you tried a child's enema to help soften it? My daughter has ahd chronic constipation since she was born. She has passed some that looked like and were as hard as a softball. Try the enema if it doesn't work then I would take him to the ER. If he has it frequently you can give him OTC Miralax. My daughter has taken this since she was 3. It's non stimulant and non addictve so it's safe to take everyday.

mommysharon
by on Apr. 1, 2008 at 10:56 PM
I use to have this trouble with my girls as infants.  Did they try a glycerine suppository?  I use to just break a little piece off an adult one and insert it and it would help.

Click pic to join the fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)