Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Jumpers,Walkers,Exersaucers What to do???

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:37 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you have???

Options:

Jumper!!!

walker!!!

Exersaucer!!

Other if other please let me know!!!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

What is best?? What do you have and rate them please!!! Let me know why you love it or why you hate it!!! I wanna get the best one for my daughter!!! I hate spending so much and it not be good. plus, I have heard bad things of walkers!
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilmarie25
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:39 PM
i would have not survived without the exersaucer. it was a lifesaver. i dont like the walkers to dangerous. never had a jumper
ronie_102182
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:40 PM
doctors dont like walkers @ all. because it does something to their bones. My son hated his walker so he never used it. I like being on the floor and he learns how to walk holding on to things. We did buy him a jumper and he loved it, I though he was going to fly out of there because he would jump to high on it.
smittymoma
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:42 PM
I had a walker with my daughter, and she loved it! I never had steps though, so i wasn't too worried about it, and of course once she figured out how to use it, she was up my butt. :) I wanted an exersaucer, but never got one, i may get one for jayden :) And we had a Johnny jumper for karizma and still have it for jayden, but he's too little for it still, but we didn't use much of the jumper, didn't care for it as much as i did that walker, i guess.
hottmama86
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:42 PM
i actually have all three but i only use the exersaucer and the jumper i think walkers are too dangerous!!
mrs.shea
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM
I had a walker for my DD, she loved it, Not sure how there bad for kids, unless you have stair's.  DS didn't care for the walker, but he loved the jumper, his was a hang up one, not the new kind (12yrs ago) So I guess it all depends on the kid!  I have a 4mth old now, she loves the jumper, its the new kind, my nephew is 6mths he has the jungle jumper, he loves it!!!  I had an exersaucer for one kid also, the liked that s well, you can kinda jump a bit in those, not much though.

I think it all depends, and most likly whatever you choose they will like.  Do you want them moble, then walker, jumping in your arms..lol then jumper.....my BIL put my nephew in everything that wal-mart had, and let him choose..LOL...at 4mths old!
ashleykimball
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:53 PM

My son had a jumperoo. They're like $70 last time I seen. I liked it because it was on the ground and I didn't have to worry about hanging it up on the ceiling or anything! He had a walker too but he didn't use it much.

Rosann99
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:54 PM
I had a jumper that attached to a door molding.  That way it could be easily stored.  It was also pretty cheap.  My younger daughter loved it and I felt bad for not having it for my older daughter!  When nothing else would work, that would.  She had so much fun jumping.  I also had an activity table that she could sit in as well.  I'm glad that I had both.  I never got a walker, though there were times I wished that I had.  But I can only store so much stuff!! 
yezay
I think that the jumper is the best.  My son loves hearing the music go along with his jumping.  It's also really good exersize on those little legs.  Exersaucers look good too but my son doesn't seem to like things where he needs to entertain himself.  I don't like walkers because they can be dangerous.  Things can happen in a matter of seconds and imoble toys are better for busy mothers.
Julianna22
I had all three and I loved them all. I didn't have stairs so I didn't have to worry about the walker.
LizRapelye
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 1:55 PM
If you have an open floor plan with no stairs in the vicinity, then a walker isn't the worst thing in the world.  If you have small rooms or open stairs, then I say don't get it. 

My son had an exersaucer and he loved it (getting too big now).  They had a saucer/jumper thing at day care that he loved, too.

I'm leary of those jumpers that hang in the doorways.  But that's just me.
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN