Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when your child embarresses you...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
let me tell you ladies i almost fainted today when i took my kids to burger king and my adorbale sweet 3 yo daughter turns and points to this lady behind us and say mom SHES FAT now i thought i heard wrong so my dumb a** asked my daughter what she said and she turn and pointed again and said THAT GIRL IS FAT...omg!!!!!! i wanted to die.....

yes i corrected the behavor and apoliged to the lady...has anyones child ever embarssed them?
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 6:53 PM
Comes with being a mom. Just resolve to embarass the heck out of her when she's old enough to get embarassed. :P
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:51 PM
When my son was about four we had bought a station wagon that had seats in the back wagon part.  While at a OBGYN appt., (I was pregnant with my 3rd), my Justin made sure to tell the entire waiting room that Mom lets him sit in the trunk!!!!!!  I was like, no, really it is a station wagon-look it's right there! LOL
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Right after my daughter was born we had went to wal-mart shopping and we was in the check out line and the baby was crying and my son said mom sissy is hungry and he pulled my shirt down. Thank gosh for bras because it would have been more embarrassing.
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 8:01 PM
well my first child hasn't arrived yet, but i do have a story about my little sister. every time my mom went to the dollar store, she would let my little sister pick out one $1 toy if she had been good. so one day my mom, my sister (who was about 3 1/2), and my aunt went to the dollar store, and when it came time for my sister to pick out a toy, she picked one that was more than one dollar. so my mother told her she would have to pick a different toy. well, my sister through a fit and when my mom would not give in and my sister yelled out to the whole store "help me this is not my mommy! help!". my mom was mortified. other people in the store were looking at her all suspicious and the store clerk actually asked my mom "is that child yours?". my aunt and my mom frantically pulled out pictures and stuff as proof. apparently, my little sister had been taught what to do if a stranger grabs her, and just used it on my mom to get her way! what crazy things a 3-4 year old will do!
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:28 AM

When my number 2 son was small he needed to go wee! As we came out of the cubical an old lady came out of the other one Son shouted to her Did you shake your fred (The boys call there bits fred! LOL Don't ask)
Thankfully she did not know what he was on about, then he said now wash your hands as she was about to leave with out doing so
Yes she went and washed her hands

Number one son disappeared in an D,I,Y shop (Hardware Store?)
He said he needed the loo but we could not find them He disappeared around the corner Where the toilets bathrooms  where displays
We found him with his trousers around his ankles as he was about to go potty arr NO
Any more ha ha got 100 of them ha ha just dig me a hole and let me jump in

by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Oh my gosh I was just thinking about starting this thread this morning.  Anyhow; I have been embarrased several times by my boys.  I would have to say the worse time was in the grocery store.  I am a sahm and when my boys were toddlers of course they always had to be right under me even in the bathroom.  Well they asked what my feminine products were called didn't want to tell them that they were pads so I just said those are mommies band aids.  Well while in the store one day I ran into an old guy friend from school and while standing there chatting Chase proceeds to pull my pack of pads from the bottom of the buggy and holds them in this guys face and says "Look my mommy has band-aids for her hiny."  Oh my gosh I like to hit the floor this poor guys face turned as red as a beet; and I didn't know what to do except walk away. 
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 10:53 AM
 OMG, all those were hysterical. My son when he was about 4. We were at Wal-mart, ( and trust me just the mere sight of the wal-mart sign and he would show his butt. )  We were at the check out and he started saying : I have no food, and no water, and no bed to lay in. I just looked at him and thought where in the world is he getting that. Then he said it again and again and again. I was like HUSH, why are you saying that. Here I am buying candles, new placemats and BEER and my son is saying this stuff. I could have died. So I'm trying to silence  him and get checked out.   THEN  like 3 wks. later I am right outside my sons room cleaning  his bathroom and I hear those exact same things he had been saying.  It was the movie Alice in Wonderland. So now I know why he had been saying those things at Wal- Mart.

Another incident was again at the wally world. LOL   We were starting to leave and I was holding my sons hand. All of a sudden he goes limp as a noodle and goes to floor screaming  YOU ARE BREAKING MY BONES!!!!!    I could have died. I'm sure people were thinking I had a death grip on his hand.   Who knows where kids the things that they say.

My daughter is 4 mths old. Girls are usually so much more dramatic than boys. I'm prolly really in for it with her. I'm alot older now, and more patient, maybe it won't be sooo bad!!!!   LOL   LOL
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 11:05 AM
Y'all are cracking me up! We were in Wal-Mart(is there anywhere else to go?) and my son was sitting in the shopping cart in the front. We were in layaway during the Christmas rush, so it was busy. It got really quiet and my son looked up at me and said as loud as he could "Ewww, Mommy, you have a booger!" OMG!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)