Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hey there

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hey there Robin.  My name is Jan and I am the single mother of 3 boys - 15, 11 & 6.  I did not start having my boys until my 30's.  so while I raise my boys, most women are having grandkids.  My two oldest boys are IVF babies and my youngest was just a gift from God.  He  also had Down's Syndrome.  I would love to hear from other moms of special needs kids.  This is a whole different area of being a parent.  The boys and I have been on our own for 6 years.  I definitely know the meaning of "tired".  I live permantly at that address....LOL!
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Shandrill
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Welcome to Cafemom!

Libbi-PA
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:00 PM
Welcome!! I also have a child with Downs. She is 7 years old. There are several groups on here for Downs and special needs.  Feel free to message me or add me as a friend.  I'm sure we can share a lot of experiences.  Can't wait to chat!!
Robin
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2007 at 6:13 AM

Hi,

Nice to meet you! 

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post 
Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom.

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. You may want to visit these Cafemom groups...

Raising Boys
Parenting special needs kids
Moms of Teens
ELEMENTARY MOMMIES

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

AnnieGLawless
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Hello Hi there and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)