Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help - i don't know what to do...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
my husband is imploring me to do my research before i sign up with websites, and what i want to know from moms is what type of experience they have had with cafemom.com - is it safe?  is it any safer than mynewbabybook.com or justformomz.com - i want to post pics and information, etc which sites are safe... i.e. i don't want unwanted messages, etc... anywho - looking for feedback - positive/negative - ALL WLECOME  =)
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikeslouie
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:43 PM
I love it!! I have my family pics up and I have NEVER gotten any crap messages or anything.  You do what you feel comfortable doing......
jelywila
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:47 PM
So far so good, this place has been so wonderful! And so far, no sign of any men that I know of, and I think this is what makes it comfy around here. I have my whole family up as well, as well as invited a bunch of my "real-time" friends in to check it out.....just one warning, very, very addictive!

Libbi-PA
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:47 PM
I LOVE IT!!!! Have my kids pics on here.  You can set them so only your "friends" can see them.  The people you invite to be able to see all your stuff.  My kids pics are on here.  No problems so far.
scleblanc
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:48 PM
I love it too, I have family pics posted and I have never recieved anything other than the updates on my account that I requested every week. The other moms are great, I hope this helps you. Feel free to look at my home page.
Shandrill
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:54 PM
Ive never been to the other sites you've mentioned, but i have been on other message boards, and i hate to sound like the downer here, but you've got to post pics at your own risk. Its the internet, nothing is 'safe' by any means.

As for my experience here, im new, and so far its been a great place!
JKFLuvColts06
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:58 PM
It is safe.  You have complete control of your privacy settings.  You might also check out ourcutebabies.com.  They have a verification process that makes it a little safer.
trisha5000
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:58 PM
i've told him that i'm always carefuls, but it makes me (and my hubby esp) nervous knowing that others can see stuff about your family... what you said makes me feel so much better !  i already feel more comfortable.. thank you !  
dahliam
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM
I'm a little nervous about being online chatting with people I don't know- I've never done it before.  Thanks to all the moms who replied to you- it makes me feel more at ease.
nicegirl90247
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:17 PM
Well, I've never had any problems with anyone. People get carried away in discussions sometimes, but never to the point of serious threats or anything. Just people venting. You can choose which discussions to get into, and if someone makes you uncomfortable, you can always block them. I think it is pretty well monitored, and out of control discussions get deleted pretty quickly. Another good one is mamasource.com. You can answer people's questions, and get advice more annoymously there. In any case, better than myspace since it is only moms here.
Snoozie
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:22 PM
I am enjoying my time here, so far no unwanted emails.  Welcome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)