Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

serious question

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
What makes a good friend?
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veg4animals2006
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Honesty, loyalty, a sense of humor, a deep rooted history, reliability, and love.
jeffreysmom
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Wow, good time to ask this question. I just walked away from a friendship that had lasted 14 years, we had been best-friends since the 8th grade! And what I had learned was that our friendship lacked loyalty. (on her end) No matter what happens friends (best friends) should always remain "true" to each other. We had been through thick and thin, had done "crazy" things growing up, & in the end she was going to "sell me out" about somethings that I had did before I was married.So, I define a true friend as someone who will always be there for you & will remain loyal always.
Tysmom3901
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:03 PM
Personally I think that the main thing is for them to tell you the truth even if they know it will hurt you.  My best friend is the one who told me that my scumbag ex was cheating on me and I'm so glad I believed her over him.
starmom4976
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:05 PM
HONESTY AND LOVE ARE WHAT I THINK, IF YOU CANT TRUST SOMEONE YOU CANT BE THEIR FRIEND!!!! I HAD A FRIEND (OR SO SHE SAID SHE WAS) WENT BEHIND MY BACK AND AND STARTED A WHOLE BUNCH OF LIES!!!
HONESTY AND LOVE IS WHAT MAKES IT!!!!!!!
ASHESMOM
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:15 PM

Quoting veg4animals2006:

Honesty, loyalty, a sense of humor, a deep rooted history, reliability, and love.

That's about the best answer I've ever heard.
dducknbelle
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM
I think a real friend is someone who is always their for you no matter what. A person that sees you for you. Not on that trys to make you like them!(him/her)
Someone who doesn't judge just listens and supports. Give you the best advice they can weather you agree or not. That is what I think a true friend is.
selah
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Quoting veg4animals2006:

Ditto that veg4animals2006! Couldn't have summed it up any better than that...
goofygirl03
by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 10:34 PM
I'm with the other ladies- trust, loyalty, an ear to talk off, a shoulder to cry on, laughs, and a connection that runs deep.
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 5, 2007 at 6:40 AM

Quoting ASHESMOM:

Quoting veg4animals2006:

That's about the best answer I've ever heard.

I agree, that's a great answer!Smile
cmarvmommy74
by on Mar. 5, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Quoting dducknbelle:

I think a real friend is someone who is always their for you no matter what. A person that sees you for you. Not on that trys to make you like them!(him/her)
Someone who doesn't judge just listens and supports. Give you the best advice they can weather you agree or not. That is what I think a true friend is.

I totally agree with this statement
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)