Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

black spots on the roof of my infants mouth??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
I just noticed while feeding my son that he has 2 dark black spots on the roof of his mouth. I will try to explain the best I can: they are on the left and right side of the "line" that goes through the center of his palate?  They almost look like bruises but darker.  Have any of you seen this b4 or know what it could be? Hes 11mos
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:21 PM
I have never seen that. I would take him to a pediatric dentist, or pediatric ENT.

greatmomandwife
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:22 PM
Personally, I would be worried and would ask someone in the emergency room of a hospital.  I never heard of such a thing.  Sorry he has that. I hope someone can help you out.  And I hope it is just a bruise and not serious.  Best regards,
Pamela
Twinkelstar
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:28 PM
I have never heard of such a thing ether.  I would call your baby pediatrician.  Have him or her take a look at it.    I  would call the office if closed I know when I call there is  some type of answer service and they page the doctor.  
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM
I tried to google but found nothing.

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:49 PM
I did find something about breastfed babies may have discoloration. I would still get him checked out.

mitch576
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:50 PM
normal...sinuses under the skin

michel'e   owner of 30 and beyond  http://www.cafemom.com/group/30264 

i am not yoda.... have all the answers, i do not!

co-admin of autism,/asperger's/pdd awareness  and autism & special needs adoption

HeatherM0529
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:53 PM
Don't want to scare you but the only thing I found was Melanoma!
MrsF
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Yeah I googled everything under the sun and couldn't find anything and he hasn't been breastfed.
Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

I did find something about breastfed babies may have discoloration. I would still get him checked out.
lapierre27
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 9:07 PM
i would ask a DR and did you try looking it up on webmd's symptom checker.
mikelsmama1
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

hey did u find out what is wrong because my daughter has a black spot and the emergency room or her pediatrican didnt know the dentist dosnt know im waiting on a ear nose and throt specaltist to get her in shes 9 months n im so worried

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN