Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant for the first time.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
I just recently found out the I am pregnant and have a million questions. I also would just love to hear whatever kind of input I can from all different kinds of moms.  There are so many things that I don't know and its just such a crazy time right now...any input would be appreciated. Thank you all.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Congrats! It's such a great experience being a mom. I loved my pregnancy and my birthing was awesome (I had an epi). Let me know if you have any questions. I'm a new mom too, but can give you personal input!
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:02 PM
Congrats!!  if you need anything or any questions answered i'd be happy to help or at least try!!  good luck and enjoy it!!
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:06 PM
My advice is to start buying baby stuff now. If you gradually buy stuff it'll make you less stressed when it's time to have the baby. Oh and take lots of pictures of your belly! I didn't and I regret it.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:10 PM
hey! I'm practically new at this whole mommy thing myself, I'm 5 mths pregnant with a little girl.

sometimes you are happy with the whole thing, sometimes you are afraid and worried, but overall it's been a great experience so far.

One day at a time, was the first thing I thought of when I first found out :)

I hope you find this website helpful.

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I have 4 kids.  I went natural with all of them.  I can answer your questions, if you want me to!

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:34 PM

You are about to go through the most life-changing event you will ever go through. You'll become a mommy! It's the most precious gift you could ever receive and my advice is SAVOR EVERY MOMENT!

Whether you're sick, tired, or just feel plain crappy, make sure that you make memories. Keep a journal, take pictures (not just snapshots, but real maternity pictures: here are mine:

My best friend is a photographer, and I'm so glad she talked me into having thse pics made. It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing and once it's over, you'll never be pregnant for the first time again.

Once your bundle of joy comes, don't waste a minute. They grow up so incredibly fast and before you know it, they aren't your little baby anymore. Just remember, it's only once, so remember it always!

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:40 PM
First off...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Ill start off by saying that if you EVER have any questions, dont feel like its a stupid question. First time pregnancies can be very confusing because you dont know whats all going on. If you ever have any doubts, never be afraid to ask someone, or even call triage at the hospital. Thats what they are they for!  Ive had my share of online friends who were always afraid to call and ask cause they felt "silly".

Enjoy every moment of it, its a great feeling, even with the sickness, aches and pains, its so worth it in the end :)

Take pictures! This way you can see how you grew, can show your family, friends and even your new son/daughter when they get older. My daughter loves looking at the pictures, and even the u/s pictures.

Ive read a great book, and passed it on to my SIL, its What to Expect When You're Expecting, its a wonderful book to read while you're pregnant, and then there are books to follow. What to Expect the First Year, What to expect The Toddler Years, there is also What to Eat When Expecting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)