Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suggestions

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok, so time-out is no longer working for my son. I have been putting him in his crib for 1 minute (he is only 15 months old) and he used to cry and then he would decide to behave. He only gets time-outs on occasion when he is doing something that can hurt him and redirecting and telling him no doesn't work. Well, now when I put him in his crib he just dances and talks to himself. When I get him out he goes right back to what i didn't want him to do. What can I do to discipline him?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mammaoftwins
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:03 PM
I sit my kids on the floor for time out. If I would try to put them in the crib it would be a game. Just try a different location.
JEALOUSY
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:08 PM

i make mines stand in the corner facing the wall. however u do it, its all about being consistent.

jealousy

mommyoftwo0306
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:19 PM
15 month olds don't really understand the good behavior bad behavior thing,time out is more for older kids,you just have to redirect them at this age.
charlann
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:22 PM
whatever location you use, it shouldn't be one that the child can associate with some fun activity(playpen, playroom) or necessary activity(bed, crib with sleeping, high chair with eating), but it should be a location that won't be dangerous for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)