Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about U/S results

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 7:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi, I'm new here, I found a link for this site on WebMD and decided to check it out.  I'm currently 36 weeks, 2 days pregnant with my second daughter and at my ultrasound today the tech told me that my amniotic fluid levels were pretty low, so when I left I called my doc's office and they told me that unless I start feeling the baby move less or leaking fluid that I should be fine until my appt on June 19th.  My question is this, depending on how low my levels are, is it possible that my doc will want to induce?  I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday and I know she considers that safe to deliver.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Kristy
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aprilmarie25
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:01 PM
i am not a docter but yes i think if it gets to low they will induce, good luck to you, your pretty far along so i wouldnt worry
Robin
by Head Admin on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:48 PM

Hi,

Nice to meet you!  Congratulations on your pregnancy and soon to be newborn baby!

I think it's possible hat she'll want to induce but you should ask her.  I remember when I was at the end of my pregnancy they wanted to see if the fluids were low so they'd know if they should induce.  They may want to keep checking the fluids to see if they gets lower. 

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. You may want to visit these Cafemom groups...

Pregnancy
2007 Babies

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom.

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

jmercs4
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:25 AM
They will continue to monitor you and you will probably have another ultrasound to check the levels again. If your fluid is too low and you haven't gone into labor then they will induce. Good Luck!
ilovemybabies31
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 8:19 AM
pretty sure that they will induce if you fluids levels are low and since you will be 37 weeks that is considered full term  good luck and let us know what happens
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)