Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 year old with a yeast infection?? Graphic Content

Posted by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM
  • 42 Replies
My dd is 3 will be 4 in July,, she has never had a yeast infection or any sort of problem down there,,,, but today she told me her "privates" hurt and itch,, so i decided to check it out. I had some whitish discharge and seemed a little red, but i didnt know if it was just little particles of toilet paper, cause it was all through,, and the is a smelly odor down there too,, but she had just peed before that and said it burned and it felt like she had to go more, but didnt,,, she isnt running a fever or anything like that My question is this,,,has any of your dd had this,,what if any medicine should i use with her cause she is so young, my next step is to call the doctor just to see what they say,, any help would be appreciated,,

thanks for your time

by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Allanah
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM
My 6 mo is just now getting over her yeast infection. I called the doctor and they prescribed me a cream. Im not sure of the name, but it worked well. You should call your doctor asap because little ones need something prescribed for them since they are so young. I wouldnt try anything over the counter. Good luck!

Mommy To A Beautiful Girl Named Allanah Marie!

rudie452
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM
sounds like she might have a bladder infection if it's burning when she pees and she still feels like she has to go but can't.    give her some straight cranberry juice until you can get her to the dr.

you can get bladder infections from taking lots of baths and from sitting around in a wet swim suit.  

savetheearthblinkie1.gifHappily_Married.gifonlythebest.gifgarden3.gif

Peytonmom
My DD is going through the same thing she will be 4 in sept, i asked my mom and she told me to just get her to drink more water and cranberry juice insted of taking her to the doc so she don't have to feel weird about a doc checking her out down there. But if it don't clear up then i should call the doc, but so far she hasn't been complaining and its been almost a week. At first she didn't like the cranberry juice so i diluted it with some water and she will drink it now

Hey are your kid's beggin to type??

So why not let them, join us

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kidstype2

POT IS ILLEGAL BECAUSE BILLIONAIRES WANT TO REMAIN BILLIONAIRES!!

christina0607
my dd got them all the time from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 then i stopped bathing her and made her shower instead, shes now 7 and hasnt had one since.

its not uncommon for little girls to get YI. especially when the weather gets warmer, or if she wears lots of tights.

yup take her to the dr, she'll get the cream and be all better.
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
shaunda73
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:28 PM
SOUNDS MORE LIKE A BLADDER INFECTION.....
mom22princesses
my daughter is two and has a yeast infection she had to go to her ped. to get treated for it.....but what you said about it burning could be a UTI.....but the medicine they gave me for her yeastinfection is called Nystatin Cream

i would get her checked out

hello im rachael in 22 with 2 girls destiney kym & taylor patrice born march 2nd 06 & march 13th 07 weighed 7'14 & 8'11 length 22in & 21 in.do u live in norfolk,va? clicke here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/43667
christyabke
All three of my girls have had a yeast infection when they were younger.  They doctor will have to prescribe "clotrimazole" (sp) but if she says she feels like she still needs to "go" there is a chance of a UTI or bladder infection.  JMPO would take her in just to be on the safe side.
Christy
mom22princesses
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:29 PM
was it Nystatin? thats what they gave mine
Quoting Mommy2Allanah:

My 6 mo is just now getting over her yeast infection. I called the doctor and they prescribed me a cream. Im not sure of the name, but it worked well. You should call your doctor asap because little ones need something prescribed for them since they are so young. I wouldnt try anything over the counter. Good luck!

hello im rachael in 22 with 2 girls destiney kym & taylor patrice born march 2nd 06 & march 13th 07 weighed 7'14 & 8'11 length 22in & 21 in.do u live in norfolk,va? clicke here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/43667
jeramiahsmom808
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM
this can happen to young girls. it is either a yeast infection or bladder infection.  being so young she might be wiping wrong.  just show her to wipe front to back. take her to the doctor and he/she will tell you what to do and perscribe the right medication.

Jeramiah Desmond Sacks to be born June 28, 2008

Tiff77
by on May. 6, 2008 at 2:30 PM
My 3 yr old got yeast infection & they had to proscribe something for her. It's best to get her checked out by doc before doing anything to make sure it's not something more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN