Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes tied

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:05 AM
  • 8 Replies
I had my tubes tied after having Katy and now am having terrible cramps during my cycles...everything else is normal about them....has anyone experienced this???
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jomi
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:00 AM
 I had my tubes tied after I had my son, 5 years ago. (I have since had a hysterectomy) But my cramps after having my tubes tied were horrendous. I felt like a young girl just starting her period for the first time.
 I would have to go to bed with either a heating pad or an ice pack. And I don't mean for a few weeks after my surgery either. It stayed that way for 4 years!!!
 Idon't know if that is normal, but yeah, I had horrible cramps after having my tubes tied.   Hope you feel better!   
                                                       --Michelle  
lucky750
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:07 AM
HI i had mine done a few months ago.....i did not have any cramping after the procedure....it may be normal but probably best you mention it to your ob/gyno when you go in for post op check up.....hope you feeling better....the things us women have to go through.....
mommystrio
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:12 AM
I had really bad cramping I took some motrin because the pain meds they gave me knocked me out and I coulden't take care of my kids. I went to the doctor and talked to them as well about the pain just becareful not to over do yourself because when I had my tubes tied I was basically a single mom of 3 and I diden't have recovery time and I got a hernia and had to have surgery on that as well. But talk to your doctor and see what they say
whiskey
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:55 AM
Yes, and still having them after 8 years.but my ob/gyn says everything is normal....

proud mommy
DNA2679
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:08 AM
I had my tubes tied right after i had my youngest daughter. I had her c-section and figured that they were already in there anyways lol. I've always had really bad cramps. But since I had them tied my periods are kinda weird. Well I've always been 7 days. 3 of which were always really heavy. But since I had them tied I have maybe at most 1 really heavy day. There have even been a week here and there that i was under 7 days. I cant say that my cramps are worse now but they sure havent gotten any better.
bagjmama
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:09 AM
I had bad cramps for about a year after I had my tubes tied and really bad periods too, very heavy. Now thank goodness, things seem to have gotten better in the last several months and I only get cramps occassionally and my periods have lightened up some. 

Good Luck!
ciannasmom06
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM
I suppose I am one of the fortunate ones.  I have not had any bad cramping.  I had what you call a laproscopic tubal, where they burnt mine.  Because I am thirty seven and have three children my doctor says that she spent a little extra time on burning mine, in which I was so thankful.  I hope it holds up!
mnmomof4
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I had NEVER had one cramp during periods before I had my tubes tied for the first time. Afterward, however, was a totally different experience. The cramps were so bad I would stay in bed curled up in a ball for 2-3 days and just feel miserable. I then met my current husband and got my tubes UNtied, had two more kids, and then got them retied. After the second time I was up and running around that same day with no side effects whatsoever. In January I ended up having a complete hysterectomy so now I don't have to worry about it at all.

The reason I had the hysterectomy was because I was having SEVERE pains in my right side that would numb my leg. My OB (after extensive testing) discovered that my uterus was at least 3 times the size it should have been and tipped in a way that was very uncommon and abnormal. He said this may have contributed to the painful periods after the first tubal. Maybe check with your OB to see if anything is not right.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cherrish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)