Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleepless days

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

im a new mommy and my baby is a month and half old. is it normal for babys this age to not sleep during the day. he wakes at about 5;30am and dosent go down till about 2:30 or so. hes so fussy, he trys to fight sleep all the time. i feed him and burp him check his diper and he falls asleep while im burping him but i go to lay him down and he just fusses. he may go down 3 times in a day but only sleep 30 min to and hour. i just dont get it. what can i do? and does anyone eals have this problem?
Help Please

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamabeth4180
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:46 AM
i had this problem at first w/ my son, and then a very wise lady (MIL) told me  i may not be giving him enough time to fall asleep. Rock him a little while after you burp him and then give him the "limp limb" test. Lift his arm up and let it drop, if he stiffens up, he is not in a deep sleep yet if it falls limp he is then u can put him down. try it out it may work for you also. good luck =D
janlep
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:50 AM
My son was a sleep fighter too. I used to rock him to sleep and do the "limp limb" thing too! but when that didn't work I would walk around and bounce a little and that seemed to put him into a deep sleep too. If you have a baby swing and he likes it try that too. Sometimes that works.
mamabeth4180
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Quoting janlep:

My son was a sleep fighter too. I used to rock him to sleep and do the "limp limb" thing too! but when that didn't work I would walk around and bounce a little and that seemed to put him into a deep sleep too. If you have a baby swing and he likes it try that too. Sometimes that works.
oh yeah, my daughter used to ONLY sleep in her swing. that think was a godsend!
texasborn1118
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:50 PM
My son did not sleep well at all- and that is why I began putting him in a swing to sleep. He took all of his naps in a swing for the first few months. When he turned five months I started working on breaking him of the swing. It took me 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, and now he only naps in his crib.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)