Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

today has been a bad day...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:32 PM
  • 7 Replies
i woke up terribly nasuiated (which is VER unusual because I have never had morning sickness...ever.) and when I got up to go change dd's diaper, my back seized up. she played in her crib a bit, then I picked her up and almost dropped her because of the pain. I managed to get her in her exersaucer and she watched sesame street and then wanted to get out. So I took her out and let her play on the couch with me (its folded down to a bed because I have to sleep there at night, thanks to dh's night terrors and flailing), then put her to bed about ten thirty for her nap. She cried for about five minutes and was out. DH comes home from work for lunch and gets mad because I tell him to get off me I was hurting, so he goes in the kitchen and starts banging dishes around and wakes up dd. Ever since then she has been whining and crying. I have played with her and gave her a bottle, everything, and she still whines, so I finally just put her in her crib. Shes been crying and crying but what else is there to do? I don't know how i can do this....my insomnia is keeping me up so late (i started taking tylenol pm everynight but it makes me drowsey but I still cant sleep) and she cant crawl around our apt. because its so small and she'll get into everything and get hurt. Of course dh doesn't help. He has the next three days off and requests that he sleeps in. I said "sure wished I got a day to sleep in". Thats what I want, one day where I can go to bed at night, sleep all night, and not wake up til ten or eleven. I think dd finaly went to sleep. So yea, today has started off bad...
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shell1788
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:37 PM

aww hun im sorry. i know what u mean about sleeping in. my hubby and i take turns. when we both don work. ill tell u men never understand when we are in pain. it's always them. i really hope ur day gets better. i would talk 2 ur hubby aout one of those 3 days being a day just for u.

mamabeth4180
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:39 PM
i can totally empathize w/ you! i am 27wks pregnant with our 3rd. i have a four and 3 yr old. a tiny house that is full of clutter that won't magically disapear for some reason, and i have a bad back too. I actually dropped my son into his saucer when i was pregnant w/ DD, because my back went out on me. And my hubby works from 6am till around 9pm. so, i don't have any advise to keep your sanity, but at least you know you are not the only one LoL!! keep in mind that tthis too shall pass. =D good luck
jomi
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM
 I am so sorry for the bad start to the day! I hope that it gets better for you. Do you have a heating pad or ice pack that you could try? That may help.

mrs.mcbane
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:51 PM
no the only heating pad i have is at my mother's and i refuse to talk to her right now because she and my dad were very rude to me, so whatever.

yea, men don't understand. My husband always says "i work, you don't" but he doesn't understand that 1. I CANT work, because of my pergnancy (forced to quit because i had a miscarriage this preg. and was in the hospital....a**holes) and 2. being a mother to a 7 month old, much less any child, is a full time job that we don't get to go home and sleep and go back to and dont get a break from. ever.

my parents usualy watch her so i can sleep and get some things done but as above mentioned they were very rude. if i mention to dh about taking a break he'll say "get a job then i'll give you a break". he's an a**. But he used to be ALOT worse. I guess over time (long long long time) he will improve to actualy care. lmao.
bams
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:37 PM
I am sry you've had such a hard day!
MomVten
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Ice and ibuprofen...are the best. Try to get the baby out in the stroller walking is good for your back. Get the baby fresh air and then try to get both of you a nap! Do you pray..that works wonders!!
mrs.mcbane
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:13 PM
i havnt stopped praying since i got pregnant. LOL. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to walk with her, but this is a bad neighborhood :-( I walk with her sometimes at my MIL's with our dog, it gets her and me out, and she loves her dog so that keeps her occupied. :-)

She went down for a nap at about 12:30ish and didn't wake me up until 4!!!!!! I don't know how long she was awake, probably ten minutes are so, but I heard her babbling and whinng a bit. I thought the time was 1 or2 and I was so happy to see it was 4 because dh will be home soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)