Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm addicted!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
okay 1st off i've only had this computer for a little over 2 months, i've been behind on the times for awhile, lol! any hoo, i decided to down load the google earth thing- and all i can say is WOW! i've had soooo much fun! i travled everywhere this morning! lol! i even looked up every house i've ever lived in!! lol, i decided i'd come visit cafemom for a bit but i don't know how long i can stay away! LOL! has anyone else ever seen it?
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nikki111
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:55 PM
That thing is a lot of fun. My husband had it on his laptop a couple years back when I first started using his. We wer goofing around one day looking up our houses, parent's houses, friend'd, etc. It makes time go by really fast and is fun to do when you are bored. In a way its kinda creepy though. Cause you can look up any address and she what they're house looks like...Anyway, it is fun. And its interesting to be addicted to something online every now and then. At least its not myspace.
my3littleboys
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:58 PM
What is it???? Sounds like fun
dannersmell
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Quoting my3littleboys:

What is it???? Sounds like fun

it's awesome!!  www.googleearth.com  you have to download it but you can look up anything! i can even see my car in my driveway! i saw the grand canyon, pearl harbor, i went to paris too! lol! when my son gets back inside he wants to see disney world!!
tonyalynn
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:23 PM
I just downloaded it. Well I typed in my address and my house isnt even built yet. I went to the old neighborhood that i lived in and some of the houses are on there that are not even there anymore. I dont think that it is up to date.
dannersmell
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:34 PM
yeah it's not totally up to date, like this time last year my house was being built, but my son and i saw our lot zoomed in on it, and centered it then zoomed all the way out like we are on the moon, then zoomed it like we were falling!!!!! i'm soooo freaked out by heights but that was fun!!  and when you go to different to historical places you can click on information, i might even accidental learn something!! lol!
CelticMom
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:42 PM

That's awesome!!  We have GoogleEarth, but I can't say I've visited every house I've ever lived in....should though!  I'm an AFBrat....so it'd take me, like a WEEK to find all the homes I've lived in...hehehe
Funny GEarth story though....we're traveling to Scotland this July....having gotten my best sleep DURING geography, I thought Scotland was it's own, seperate country!!!  Imagine my surprise when I GEarthed it and found out it's part of England!!!  Well, I know they're seperate countries, but they're on the same piece of land!!!!  WOW!!!  I didn't know that!!!  Felt like a huge dork!!!  Will be posting to you all about our travels!!!!!  Cannot wait.
Have fun researching more of our planet!!!  Hugs, Patty

flowerpower
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:41 PM
thanks for telling us (ladies) about this. I just went on it and it was fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)