Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat people vs. Dog people

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM
  • 30 Replies

Do you prefer cats over dogs and if so what does this say about you?  Do you think a correlation exists between the kind of person you are and which one of these animals you would choose as a pet?

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/purebred_dogs/15590

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilmarie25
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:39 PM
WE HAVE CATS BUT I WOULDNT MIND A DOG, HUBBY DONT WANT ONE THOUGH..
redheadmama1215
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:42 PM
I'm definitely a dog person. I can't stand the rejection you get from cats. And I'm not a big fan of the litter box. I like dogs because they're always ready to play and will let you pet them whenever you want. Plus my cat attacked me when I was pregnant so she promptly got put up for adoption and has a new home.
irishcarrie75
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:44 PM
We have two cats now but would like a dog, too, once we buy a house.  I got the cats long before we we're married and I used to go out a lot.  It was more convenient to have a cat because I didn't have to be home at certain times to let a dog out. 
aspiringangel01
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:56 PM
I guess I am both because I have one cat and 2 dogs
kylieghs_mama
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:04 PM

i am SSOOOOO a dog person!! i dont like cats. ok its cuz growing up i lived with my grandma and she was like the cat lady, and had about 15 cats all over, inside and outside, and they are disgusting, they sneeze all over, get cat hairs all over every piece of furniture, they poop in a litter box then u have to scoop it up and i just dont think i could live with a cat. plus they are very demanding and have such aggressive personalities(sometimes)  i love dogs cuz they are loyal, smart, poop outside and i dont know, i just like dogs and not cats! i think it can be related to your personality.....i wouldnt look too much into that though!

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:16 PM
I am not only a dog person but I am a BIG dog person.  The joke in my family is that we have weight requirements when it comes to choosing a breed.

BUT I have developed a fondness to cats..well, my cats. 

The first one I ever had my husband found under a pallet at work and brought her home.  We named her Mystery.  She was sweet in her own way.  She use to love going outside with the boys.  Unfortunately about a month and a half ago my oldest let her out with them one day and my husband and I didn't know it.  It stormed that day and we think it scared her and she crawled under the fence and got out.  We haven't seen her since.

We recently adopted two orphaned kittens who are 3 weeks old that the neighbors kids found behind the bushes in my garden.  There were four and thankfully two of my neighbors took the others.

I can't wait to get a dog though, we are going to wait a while though because I have so much on my plate right now I don't have the time to train a dog properly.

http://www.workathomeunited.com/chasacochran
totally_shell
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:19 PM
im a little dog person. i like to be needed and i like to cuddle all the time!
jennifert06
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:20 PM
I love dogs and cats. I have had both.
Momof3810
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM

I am a dog person. I don't like cats. I can't stand the rubbing against you that they do.

katiegirl
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:24 PM
I'm a dog person, I like cats, had a couple when I was younger but I'm more of a dog person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)