Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling huge at 10 weeks!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:44 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need some reassurance here!  I feel bloated and seem to be already showing and I'm only 10 weeks along(1st child).  Everything I read says you probably shouldn't start showing until after 12 weeks.    Anyone else feel this way with their first pregancy? 
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:50 PM
Hi there,

I was bloated early on... I had terrible heartburn and couldn't exercise...then the morning I got a bit of a belly that wasn't exactly baby yet!

I am a dance teacher so when I stop exercising, the pounds just come on quickly.

I am 18 weeks now and have settled in....  I gained 10 pounds so far which is not bad...but I am only 5 feet tall so 10 pounds looks like a lot more.

Don't worry, as long as you try to eat healthy and work out when you can, it will all even out.

Good Luck!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:53 PM
I showed early too with both mine. Don't pay attention to the books about that type of thing. Everybody is different.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:00 PM
i showed right around the same time with my first pregnancy, second it doesn't get much better! don't worry it'll turn into a beautiful baby bump in no time and then after you have the baby... you will miss it. ignore all the people that try to tell you what's supposed to be happening... every pregnancy is different!you will get a lot of people telling you stuff too!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM
I thought i was showing that early too, but at about 12 weeks all the bloat went away and i was back to my normal size.  That lasted about 2 weeks then I really popped.  It's possible it's baby, but its probably bloat
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:18 PM
aaaawww. sounds like me. im 31 weeks now. i totally started showing super early and by 3 months people though i was like  5 months. but.....i got huge pretty quick and it was ALL baby and i my weight gain has slowed so much. now people cant believe im 7.5 months. its all baby, butt, and boobs.  and i actually feel hotter prego then i did preprego

hope you get lucky like me!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Im almost 11 weeks and I feel giant.. though Im sure its just all me.. but I still just say.. what im pregnant lol
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:03 AM
yeah i pretty much felt like an idiot for every time i said "i feel fat" before i was pregnant! it takes a while to get used to thje new weight and a new figure. im about 34 weeks now and i feel like a blimp most of the time! congratulations on the pregnancy though! its not all bad! still, i cant wait to have my body back!
by Head Admin on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Hi there,

It's nice to meet you!  Congratulations on your pregnancy! 

I recommend joining Amber's Pregnancy group. 

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. 
Click on 'Find Groups' to search for groups by topic - if you scroll down you can search by location, too. 

Please feel free to say hello to the other Moms here and send out some friend invitations, too!

For tips on getting stated and making friends, check out the Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom post.

Have fun on the site!
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM
dont worry so much with mine i couldnt fit into my clothes already at 7-8 weeks and after the baby was born i was only 10lbs heavier than my prepreg wieght everyones different it all depends on where and how you carry and where your uterus is so no worries!
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 7:51 PM

yes your not the only one that feels that way ,, when i was prego with my first i was big and bloated at 10 weeks also, i gained weight fast with my first so just keep watch on that cause i ended up almost having toxemia, but dont worry!!
happy pregnancy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)