Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night time rituals???

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
I was just curious about everyones night time rituals?

I sing "rock-a-bye-baby"
           "love you forever" (from the book "love you forever")
           "good dreams in bad dreams out", which is dreaming about what good things we did that day or are going to do and reminding them of how much there family members in heaven love them and how much we love them.
then our night time prayer:

THANK YOU FOR THE WORLD SO SWEET
THANK YOU FOR THE THINGS WE EAT
THANK YOU FOR THE BIRDS THAT SING
THANK YOU GOD FOR EVERYTHING
AMEN

Then my favorite snuggle time.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
YasminBoheme
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:26 PM
our routine is dinner, clean-up, pajamas, melatonin, cuddling, books, prayers hugs & kisses then quiet video in dim bedroom until out.  :) internet
luvmyaustin
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:35 PM
our bed time ritual since he was two weeks old and he is now almost nine...
starting at 7:30 is shower then it is a book he now reads to us then its thanks to all our kind of prayer then lots of hugs and kisses which he says aahhh mom lol he thinks hes too old for kisses then lights out at 8:00 . our son thrives on rituals or its cranky boy for us and mom doesn't do cranky!!!

mommy2389
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Our bed time ritual is a bath,pajamas, a little tv then I read them a story..Before turning the lights out we sing you are my sunshine. Then I hug and kiss each one of them.
Jackie5899
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM
I always wondered what everyone else did at night too. I usually start around 7:30 - bath, snacks with a little TV for my 4 yr old while I put my 9month old to sleep by rocking with a bottle, then into my son's bed for books and 2 "made-up" stories, then kisses and he's out. Then I get everything ready for the next day (bottles, clothes, lunches, coffee ready) and then my shower, by 11 or 11:30 I am out!! Ready to begin again at 5:30 on weekdays and 7:30 on weekends!!
mooremom
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:54 PM
I love your night time prayer. I am stealing it.

We eat, get bath. When it is time for bed, she sits in her bed for two books. I turn on the night light and a music cd, kiss her big baby, her little baby and then her---and leave the room.
teacherribbitt
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 7:31 PM
Comparatively ours is super short but i have found if its not then we scream all night.  at 10 we give daddy nigh night kisses

then he marches upstairs where i change him into a nigh night daipie turn on his super cool constellation turtle(its a stuffed turtle with a hard shell the shines real constellations on the ceiling and walls) 

then kisses and lights out.  then mommy goes to work on her on-line handmade jewelry business.
Rockstar-mama
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 7:52 PM
Wow! how do you moms do it??? I have a 4 month old and we have NO night time rituals! The main reason is Both my husband and I Work Evenings and dont get home until around midnight sometimes later. We usually feed her and then its snuggle time for mommy...I usually snuggle until she is asleep, but if shes not and i am ready to go to bed i wrap her up in her Snuggler or in her sleeper put her in her bassinet and turn on her Disney Lullabys CD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)