Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party for a 3 year old

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi I'm Cathy and my daughter Cheyenne will be 3 in July. And this will be her first big party. Any ideas will be great . Thanks.

Cathy
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Atarismommy
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I know kids usually love swimming parties.. my niece is 3 and she had one and she loved it. Otherwise theres always chuck-e-cheese
mmh524
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:47 PM
Not sure if they have a "my gym" where you live but the little ones love it.  And it's short enough that the kids won't get cranky.
sycgal
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:50 PM
I would do something fun outside... slip n' slide, water balloons, sprinkler (pools and lots of small kids scares me).  You can even rent an inflatable bouncer, depending on how much money you were wanting to spend. 

If you want something indoor I would look at Chuck E. Cheese, Build a Bear etc...
singlemotherof1
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 2:22 PM
I took my son when he was 2 to a place (around here) called Crazy Bounce. It has a lot of inflatable things for the kids to bounce on. Then at the age of 3 (which was last March) I took him to Chuck E. Cheese. He loved both of them. All the kids that attended either party loved both places as well. Just a couple of ideas.
mammaoftwins
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:04 PM
A lot of gymnastic place let you do parties and the kids seem to love it. I always go for the outside party, it's my fav. Hotdogs and chips and cake it's all the kids need and if you can do it in your yard it's cheaper than having a party somewhere. Oh and don't forget pin the tail on the donkey and pinnata(is that how you spell it). What I did for my daughter last year was get a big cookie instead of a cake and then we made cupcakes and iced them and had different decor for the kids to decorate their own cake :)
Dionneinusa
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:19 PM
Hi, I had a party for my 3 yr old .....firstly dont worry! cupcakes and cookies will do the trick any time over any elaborate food! Remaind the parents that its a kids party not a parents party! Check your local swimming pool for day passes (may be expensive) or start it late 4ish when its not too hot and organise outside activity in your back yard, egg and spoon race, bubbles, skipping, sprinkler hose etc... Lastly keep it short 3 hrs max! GOOD LUCK!
Caeryl
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:24 PM
we had a pocohontas themed party... we did it at home.   The kids dug for gold...
flour in a pan with the fake gold money...

We had pin the tail on Meeko... 

and the kids loved following their path... we laid out string paths and at the end of the string was sa goodie bag...   We laid the string all inside the house...

this party was held in January so it was an inside thing.. We only invited 5 kids...

You do not have to have a million kids to have fun...

Over the years, we also have had a pony,   maybe rent a chcaracter like barney..
a dress up party...
Or how about a morning breakfast party.. go pick up the kids while they are still in their jammies...

Caeryl

missourimommy
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:25 PM
How about a party at the zoo? 
LanaLee24
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:26 PM
My daughter will be 4 next week but last year for her 3rd birthday, we had it at a park by the lake.  It's summer!  So the kids were able to play on the outside playground & swim when they got hot.  We had water balloons & I hired a clown!  Clowns don't cost very much (we paid $35 for an hour).  They blew up funny shaped balloons, face painting & did a small magic show. The kids loved it!!  This year we're doing the same concept, without the clown, but with a moonwalk. TO HER!!
Cherish77
by Cherish on Jun. 21, 2007 at 4:46 PM
For my daughters 3rd B-day we had it at a Park, that part did not cost anything.  My dad knows somebody that rents out bounce houses, so we got one of those(even the adults had fun in the bounce house).  We had pizza and Chicken from KFC. We had favors and a pinata, everybody had a nice time, we did the  same thing last year, and  will be doing the same this year(her request).

3rd Birthday was  Strawberry Shortcake
4th Birthday was Dora the Explorer
This year she wants Diego
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)