Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
i cant get my 1 and a half  month old to go to sleep!! Its now 10:15 and she is still crying. i've rocked her, feed her, cuddled her, sang to her, turned her mobile on. Nothing is working!!!!!!!  what do i do?! she wont take a pacifier, or abottle, i practically have to fall asleep with my boob in her mouth for her to sleep peacefully.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sycgal
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:46 PM

If she is having a hard time sucking and nothing seems to calm her, it sounds like an ear infection.  I would try giving her some Motrin and if you have baby oil in the house you can warm that up and put a drop or two in each ear.  That will help her get through the night until you can see the Dr.

Atarismommy
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Sounds like shes getting sick. My daughter only cuddles when shes sick.. and thats the only time she'll fall asleep on me. Seems like she just wants to be close.. and kids usually do that when they dont feel well.
Suga93
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:49 PM
you kno when our 13 year old was abebe my honey had to put him into the carseat and drive him around on the freeway! by the time he realized it the bebe had fallen asleep and he'd drive right home! that was the only thing that would help us! he may have done that once or 2ice a week!
AME0303
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I would give the Doc a call, and just see if they think anything could be wrong. You said a month and a half, right? I hate to say it but it might be COLIC....and there isn't much you can do.

My best advice is to call the Doc though, that's why we pay them the big bucks!

Good luck tonight!

2yroldtwinsmama
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:52 PM
Is she gassy? Have you tried gas drops? You are in my thoughts!!! Good luck! I had a sinilar night recently.
sycgal
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:53 PM
I'm half asleep and not reading well.  I read it as 1 yr. instead of 1 month.  Probably too early for an ear infection.  I would even guess a belly ache.  Maybe try some gas relief drops.
momof2grls0304
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:58 PM
 1month is not too young for ear infections.  My youngest was only about 3 weeks when she had her first of many ear infections.  I ended up having to get tubes in her ear by 10 months old.  (just letting you know it could be ear infections)
sabinam
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:10 AM
i finally picked her up and put her in her swing. she is not feeling well i know....shes on 3 different medicines!!! but goodness i've tried everything i guess i shouldnt get frustrated huh. its not her fault. poor thing cant catch a break. she hasnt had one good day since she was born. thanks for yalls advice though. i guess i'm just aggravated. it makes me feel like a bad mother when i get mad at her.....i'm sorry ladies! and sorry to her too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)