Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A Career Choice...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have come to the conclusion that even though my son will put me in the nut house before too long, I LOVE BEING A MOM!  It's the most amazing and fullfiling job in the world.  I feel sorry for all the daddy's that cannot connect to their children the way that moms can.

Yesterday, I learned a vauable lesson.  I was a little stressed over finances.  There never seems to be enough money to go around.  But I also realized that my child has everything he needs.  He has clothes (although there not all for Sunday's), he has food (I'll NEVER let him starve), He has a place to live (and some kids don't).  He's a happy and smart little boy who has the whole world ahead of him.  And it's my JOB to make sure that he gets a good start.  It's my JOB to make sure that he is loved, and its my JOB to make him a man.

I read somewhere once that a difference between a job and a career is this:  "a job is something you have to do to survive, a career is something you want to do because you can."  I learned yesterday that my son is not my JOB, he's my CAREER.  This is what I want to do.  I want him to have everything he earns, I want him to be a strong, intelligent, polite and responsible young man.  This is my choice, and I am choosing to make it happen.

Where else are you gonna feel they way you do like when you are with your child?  Where else are you gonna hear those funny little snickers and snorts, and laugh with them?  Where else are gonna see those goofy dances and funny faces, and wish you had a camera to save them forever?  And where else are gonna know that when that little person is in trouble, he's gonna be looking for you?  Can you get that kinda gratitude from a job?  NO WAY!  My son is a career choice.

SO.... this goes out to all the mommies in the world.   Sometimes we plan it, sometimes we don't.  But regardless of how it happened, our children are our life.  We all made the choice.  I know its not always easy, and actually mines pretty crazy, but we can do it.  Do you know why?  Because that little person (or people) in our lives need us to.  And we want to.  Thats what makes a family.  Love for each other.  

by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Irksmom
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Beautifully stated!  I  have always wanted to be a SAHM and never felt career oriented in the workplace.  You made me see that I am very much career-oriented...not just in the sense that most people would see.  Thank you for giving me the eyes to see my career is the best career I could ever have and that I am living my dreams!

doylemom1206
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM
I read somewhere once that
"If you love what you do, then it's not a job".
That sounds like you a "T".
amerigirl156
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Quoting Irksmom:

Beautifully stated!  I  have always wanted to be a SAHM and never felt career oriented in the workplace.  You made me see that I am very much career-oriented...not just in the sense that most people would see.  Thank you for giving me the eyes to see my career is the best career I could ever have and that I am living my dreams!

I could not have responded better myself.
Snoozie
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Very inspiring
amandasrainbow
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM
So true.

Goodnight;

Amanda

mommy2samuel
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:09 PM
i know exactly how you feel. i feel like i have the best career in the world. i am not college educated but it wouldn't have made me a better mom anyway. i am sooo glad there are other people out there who take being a sahm as seriously as we do. it feels good to be surrounded by moms(like on this site) that have the same ideas for raising our children.
congrats to you on your little man. he sounds like he is just as busy as my 15 1/2 month old-samuel. they certainly do test us, don't they? i also had a hard time conceiving and then when i did i had one miscarriage before my son came.
i loved hearing how you feel it was beautiful! 
ladyvamp5489
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:15 PM
WOW very inspiring!  i love it! It brought tears to my eyes  it was so beautiful!!!!  thanks for wording it that way!

Carol

TJKUHN76
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 9:19 PM

I love what you said.  This is a inspiration for all us.  We should all keep this somewhere to read on those days, when we think, "Why" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)