Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 2:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
Let me introduce myself. My name is Heather. I am a 30 year old mother, with three kids(6 yrs, 3 yrs and 3 months old), a loving, sometimes odd fiance and a house that is NOT my dream home! LOL! We live in Pennsylvania. I suppose we love it, since we haven't made any genuine efforts to leave this state. We have one cat, that seems to think procreation is her main purpose in life... and loves the outdoors. Guess you could consider her an outside cat that occasionally makes a quick jaunt into the house for something or another(like proudly dropping a half dead, flopping bird at my feet and looking at me like she just gave me the best gift on this planet). We also have Pearl...the chirp non stop, loud as the kids, hand pecking Parakeet. So much for that old saying...."Never bite the hand that feeds you!" And then there are the fish...Goldie, Sandy, Allie and Sucker. Three gold fish and an algae eater. LOL!

Ok, let me tell you more about me. As I said before, I am 30. Nope, not the least bit concerned about that number! I have a strong passion for reading. I will read anything I get my hands on(except for those mind numbing sob stories everyone fondly refers to as romance novels). I've been known to sit in the bath tub and read the labels on every bottle of shampoo in this house(why exactly does it say rinse and repeat and when do you stop rinsing and repeating?). I use the bath room as my refugee when I am in need of some "me time". I want to shake the hand of the person that invented door locks. Now if only we could come up with something to stop those tiny fingers from curling around the bottom of the door and those tiny voices from entering the room! Now that would be heaven...for at least 5 minutes. Then I would start to wonder what they were up to, since everyone under the sun knows that a silent house means the kids are up to something and usually I don't want to know what it is. Scott(that loving, odd man I mentioned earlier) and I are engaged. We will eventually get married...when we have the time to do things other than wipe faces, change diapers, cart kids to lessons and collapse in exhaustion at the end of the day. Scott is a great man. He's a great father. He's just a little odd from time to time. Nothing I can say would pin it down exactly. He gets in his "woman moods" (what I fondly refer to his bad moods as) and mopes around the house for a few days. I swear...men do experience PMS! Honestly!!!! LOL! My kids....well.....they are kids. Amber is 6 going on 16. She thinks she knows it all and no one is right. She has mastered the art of whining and complaining. But she is still my sunshine. She still wakes up every morning with a smile and a kiss for her mother. She still tells me she loves me more times than I can count in one day. She still hugs me and kisses me good-night before she goes to bed. Soon enough she will think I am the most uncool mom on the planet. For now I am basking in the glow of maternal coolness! Christopher is my dare devil. Nothing phases him. Staples in his head didn't slow him down. I have come to the conclussion that nuclear holocost wouldn't even slow him down. Hyper as he is...he is still my sweet baby boy. I'll forever look at him and see him as he was the day he was born...so sweet, pure and innocent. Faith is my baby. My last born. The baby of our family. She makes my days so much brighter. I look forward to her waking up every morning. She has a wide, toothless grin for me every morning...regardless of how she feels. She looks at me through innocent eyes and entrusts me with her growth and wellbeing! How could it get any better than that? It can't.

Ok, so I think I may have taken enough of your time. Thanks for reading!

by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aspiringangel01
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 2:12 PM
Hello, I am Kristine mother of 2 a 6 year old and a 1 month old both girls. It's nice to meet you and welcome to the group.  Your little girl is so precious.
jomi
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Hello and welcome to CafeMom!! It is really great to have you here!
Take a minute and check out the many different groups that may interest you. And don't be shy about sending out some friend invites! A helpful place to start is the Getting Started Guide page.
 Great introduction! I look forward to talking to you. OH, and the reading thing, I totally understand. I drive my husband crazy, even at dinner I will read the labels on the bottles, even though I have read the same ones time and time again! LOL.
               Hope to hear from you!  --Michelle

Robin
by Head Admin on Jun. 24, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Hi there,

It's nice to meet you!  Your baby is beautiful!

Please feel free to say hello to the other Moms here and send out some friend invitations, too!

For tips on getting stated and making friends, check out the Getting Started - Making Friends post.

There are a lot of great groups here!  The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups.  You can click on 'Find Groups' to search for groups by topic - if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Visit the Newcomers Group Chatterbox anytime to see if any Moms are chatting. 

Have fun on the site!
Robin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN