Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone with Anthem blue cross blue shield insurance?

Posted by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have anthem blue cross blue shield insurance and want to go get the Mirena put in.  Just wondering if anyone else has this insurance and had Mirena put in.... how much did you have to pay?  Or did you just pay the $20 co-pay for the appointment??
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mindyannjohnson
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:18 PM
We're about to switch over to it but haven't received any information about it yet, except that the deductible is insanely high.  We might have to switch to something else.
lbdm2002
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:20 PM
I have blue cross blue shield.  I called them about the Mirena.  You pay your copay, plus if you haven't met your deductible yet, you pay it ( or plus 10% if you have or will meet it).  For example, I haven't met my deductible yet (500).  Mirena costs $300 to put in.  You pay your $20 copay plus the $300.  Let's say you've spent $400 of your $500 ded.  You pay your $20 copay, $100 to meet your deductible, plus 10%.  If you've already met your deductible fully, you pay your office visit of $20 plus just 10% of the costs (so another $30)
Nevaehmommy
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:21 PM
   My mom works for the department of Insurance and she says they are awful also Farm Bureau is awful too
monkeys03_07
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Quoting lbdm2002:

I have blue cross blue shield.  I called them about the Mirena.  You pay your copay, plus if you haven't met your deductible yet, you pay it ( or plus 10% if you have or will meet it).  For example, I haven't met my deductible yet (500).  Mirena costs $300 to put in.  You pay your $20 copay plus the $300.  Let's say you've spent $400 of your $500 ded.  You pay your $20 copay, $100 to meet your deductible, plus 10%.  If you've already met your deductible fully, you pay your office visit of $20 plus just 10% of the costs (so another $30)

ugh thats what I was worried about.  I haven't met my deductible... my daughter has lol.... but not me. oh well... I guess I can get something else
momK3rcc
by on May. 27, 2008 at 6:23 PM
I have been with the farm bureau for over 2 years.  I really can't switch as no one will take me with my high blood pressure.  So why are they awful?
Quoting Nevaehmommy:

My mom works for the department of Insurance and she says they are awful also Farm Bureau is awful too
Nevaehmommy
by on May. 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM
      It is mostly their auto and homeowner but they don't like to pay the bills
Quoting momK3rcc:

I have been with the farm bureau for over 2 years.  I really can't switch as no one will take me with my high blood pressure.  So why are they awful?
Quoting Nevaehmommy:

momK3rcc
by on May. 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM
Oh okay.  I am with Health Net under the farm bureau.  They pay when they are supposed to.
Quoting Nevaehmommy:

It is mostly their auto and homeowner but they don't like to pay the bills
Quoting momK3rcc:

Quoting Nevaehmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)