Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Weight trouble..any advice???

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM
  • 21 Replies
I have been up and down with my weight since my first child .I weighed 124lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter,I soon gained 70lbs when i went to have her.I stayed that weight for a few months and lost 20lbs without trying.I got pregnant with my son about 5 years later,gaining only 18lbs,but i still had my other baby weight so it just piled on top.I am not ahppy with my current weight,I don't obsese over it,just worry about my health,Anyone out there have any advice on how to lose weight and kep it off.Thanks for the help.I would like to team up with someone to share in the weight lose process.
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got1n1onthaway
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM
I found that drinking a lot of water controls the water weight in your body and that helps you lose weight as well as a steady exercise routine.  I was going to the gym or running about 3 miles a day.  Thats just me tough, you have to find something that works for you... Also the stories about eating 4 or so hours before you go to sleep and are all helpful little things. If you find the quirks that work for you.
Mommyofacutie
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM
I have a few friends that have started going to weight watchers meetings and using there points system and they have all lost weight and inches. I am going to start going soon, I just need to find a meeting that is close to my house. I need to lose at least 10-15 pounds and I am hoping that I can achieve that with Weight Watchers. Good Luck!!
Nicole
Shylie
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Hey! I feel for ya, mine's up and down as well. I'm on the other side of 30 now and it seems like, where before, I could drop weight easy. Now it feels like I get bigger the more I diet. LOL! I think the easiest thing we can both do, if only we would (or I would), is drink more water, exercise every morning, and cut out sugar and things the body doesn't need like fast food.

I'm really proud of myself I haven't had cookies or anything since Saturday and have been drinking water, eating nuts, chicken breast, salad, yogurt and dried fruit. Hopefully something will start happening soon! I wish you luck and if you find something that works well for you let me know!
Brandi1970
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM
met a woman on here that has a cleansing system to help you lose weight. She has had alot of success with the program. I spoke to her on the phone and ordered some if it myself. It's all natural stuff. You might want to look her up and find out about it. Her screenname is Hotzy on the cafemom website. Let me know what you think about it if you contact her.

Brandi
tyfry7496
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM
I have tried Weight Watchers and it worked great!! I have recently lost 25 lbs by cutting out soda and fast food. I only eat when I am hungry, stop when I am full and watch portion sizes. I eat whatever I want, just in small amounts. If I would exercise I would lose more and probably lose the fat that is my stomach! LOL. I started losing because of stress but saw the differences and kept limiting my portions,etc. It is hard work but I like the results. I went from 165 to 140. I want to lose about 15 more, so hopefully I will. If you want to chat for support, send a message anytime.
jodijaylin
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Lots of cardio!!! (strenth traing is important too but cardio really sped up my weight loss!! I gained 70 with my daughter as well. I was a size 14 after she was born. I joined a gym and started eating helathy & I am now a size 5 ~ ! Get your bootie on a treadmill or elliptical as much as possible and you will see results! i havent been this small since High School ( 8 years ago)~ Woo hoo!
InnaD
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Before I got pregnant with Kayla I was heavier than I wanted to be and during pregnancy I didn't move around much and ate a lot of sweets and junk food. After Kayla was born I lost 60 pounds. I guess breastfeeding helped, but eating right and exercising is something everybody needs to do. Now I'm 28 weeks pregnant and only gained 14 pounds. It feels good!

Try to eat more of the foods that keep you fuller longer, meats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water! Don't eat while watching TV. Walk as much as possible. Try to eliminate junk food and sweets for a while, just until you lose the extra weight. We eat junk food and sweets sometimes but it doesn't affect us one bit because most of the time we eat right.

Good luck!

Shylie
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:52 PM
That's awesome, my sis has her own eliptical I want one so bad. She says it also helps her not hurt as bad, she's had neck surgeries and is on all kinds of meds, and the days she uses her eliptical she takes less meds.
kross3
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Girl! I can completely relate to your problem. When I first got pregnant I weighed 145 which is normal for me. I had justr lost some weight cause of our wedding 3 months prior. Well I was gaining my weight pretty fast, getting big pretty fast, then about 8 weeks the morning sickness from h@ll showed up and lost pretty much all of it. I only gained a total of 18 lbs. with my son, but I stretched alot from gaining weight in the 2nd and part of the 3rd trimester but then got sick again the last month from heartburn and indegestion. Well After I had my son, I lost all plus more weight. But then I got on the pill and started noticing the weight was coming back and my clothes were starting to get tight again. I had gained all of my pregnancy weight back form them. I am still struggling from the weight and worried about how it will affect my health. I want to loose the weight before we try for baby #2 but I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I don't loose weight unless I am working out EVERY day at the gym. I can't even get motivated to do tapes at home. What really sucks is I have a SIL who had her baby 3 months after I did and she is nothing but skinny. No loose skin nothing. I had a breakdown about a month ago after seeing her cause of it!

Blinkie Maker Blinkie Maker Blinkie Maker
Make your own Blinkie

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM
UGGGH, the battle of the bulge!
I gained about 40 pounds with my pregnancy and so far have lost 31. The first 20 pounds dropped off me within three days of coming home from the hosptial...now it has taken the last 3 months (she will be three months on Friday) to lose the rest I have, it is friggen hard! I am only 5'1 so every ounce shows on me....
I never really had to diet before so I just started to count calories, I dont go over 1200 (try not to anyways) and I do my best to work out 5 times a week...but being back to work now it is hard since Shaw isnt sleeping through the nights yet. :(
Good luck and if you do find a healthy good route, fill me in please!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN