Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

women found snake wrapped around baby in her own crib..

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
so  i just saw a story on the news where this lady had put her baby in a crib and gone to bed...well only an hour later the baby woke up crying and her mom peeked around the corner and noticed something coilled around the babys leg... it was a snake... she picked up her baby and the snake dropped into the crib..she screamed and her family came running in only to see what had happened...

the snake wasnt veminous...but stilll it was rapped around the babies leg... who knows what would have happend....

the snake looked like this..

by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilwifey0909
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:01 AM
DAMN THAT SHIT IS SCARY.
jpmotherlovinit
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:02 AM
That gave me chills over my whole body. I would have had a stroke...That poor lady and poor baby. Do they live in a wooded area? WOW that is so scary!
lachelle
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:02 AM
OMG!! I think I would have had a heart attack!! I'm soo scared of snakes and I'm terrified of anything bad happening to my son,so combining the two would have killed me!
marzbar
by Marley. on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:03 AM
Eeek!  You would have heard my screams for blocks.  I am so glad the baby is okay.

~ Marlene ~

Mysticdestin
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:05 AM
Hell yeah that shit is scary!! I like snakes & all even use to have a pet Boa. But these pics in the " Best Pet Photo" KILLS me with all these babies with FREAKIN snakes around their necks!!  There is no way in hell!!! LOL i got rid of mine when I got pregnant!!  Sorry just needed to vent about those pics!

EnzosMommy2008
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Wow Thats Scary, If That Had Happendd To Me, I Would Deff Leave That Room, Let Alone My Whole House, I Wouldnt Want To Take That Chance Again.
sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:12 AM
That is a King snake. It is a good snake to have around although no less frightening for most people to find in a crib. It would NOT have harmed the baby and was MOST likely seeking warth although it could have found a food source in the home as well.

Family: Colubridae, Colubrid Snakes view all from this family

Description 36-82" (91.4-208.3 cm). A large chocolate brown to black kingsnake with a highly variable back and belly pattern. Light-centered scales may form distinct crossbands, "chainlinks," lengthwise stripes, blotches, or speckles on the back. Belly ranges from plain white to heavily blotched with dark pigment to plain black. Scales smooth, in 19-25 rows. Anal plate single.

Discussion Active during the day, especially early in the morning or near dusk, but becomes nocturnal in the warm summer months. It is primarily terrestrial, occasionally climbing into shrubs. A strong constrictor, it eats snakes - including rattlesnakes, Copperheads, and coral snakes - as well as lizards, mice, birds, and eggs. Record longevity exceeds 24 years.

sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:14 AM
Oh, and the fact that it was only wrapped around the baby's leg says to me that it was NOT a fully grown King snake.

Hannahlee158
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM
they said it was a foot long king snake.... so your right!
Quoting sk_tennyson:

Oh, and the fact that it was only wrapped around the baby's leg says to me that it was NOT a fully grown King snake.
jacejenkins
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Quoting sk_tennyson:

I was thinking the same thing.   It would have been frightening at first but the snake meant no harm and was just trying to get warm.    I have a couple living under my house and they get up on the porch to lay in the sun sometimes.   The kids know to just leave them alone. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)