Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need HELP writing a letter to my babys dad PRISON!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

SO here is the situation... My babys dad is in prison because my mom put him in ther... ( i was under age when we had our baby) well im married now to a wonderful hubby of mine... so My babys dad dont interest me in any way. Well he wrote his mom a letter asking for me to write the prison and write in the letter, (I lied about my age, I dont want him to be in prison, & too shorten his sentence of 5 years beacause he wants to take care of his 3 kids! including my son!) What should i write and should i tell my DH about this??!!!

by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blondee512
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM
Yes you should tell your husband. Honesty is the best policy always. Use that with your letter as well. Accept responsibility for your actions and plainly say that you mislead him.
setsy_mama
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:33 PM
i dont think you should do anything camt you get in trouble for that? i dunno. and yes tell your hubby there should be no secrets between you 2 because it will come back and bite you in the ass

mamajen07
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM
you tell your dh everything...he's your husband, he deserves to know...and you don't write your ex...why would you?
jacejenkins
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:36 PM
I would go before the parole board on his behalf.   If you do not feel like a victim then you should do it.   I do think you should talk to your husband about it but the decision should be yours and yours alone.   I feel very strongly about this because my mom was 14 years old when she had my oldest sister with her then 19 year old boyfriend.   My mother never felt raped or violated.   She was in love and never regretted anything except that her mother kept her away from her daughter's father. 
coopspsychomom
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM
I would tell your husband because he will get mad if you keep it a secret and he finds out, just be honest about it and I'm sure he'll understand!

But make sure you make it clear to your son's father that you have moved on, and turn the focus of the letter to your son, I'm sure he wants to hear all about him!

*~Kristie~*

Mother of one wonderfully crazy little boy! 

bubbasmom0917
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:43 PM
did you mislead him? if so then you should make it right. you should tell the truth if you lied to him. and you should let your hubby know he got in contact with you so hen he does find out there won't be fighting.
girlsmom76
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM
My brother in law had a 15 yr old gf when he was 18 and her parents pressed charges...they were in love and had dated awhile before hand. My bil served 9 long yrs and missed all that time being a dad to his son. I would try to write to the parole board and be honest if you had led him to believe you were older,but realize it may not make a difference.  I am glad you have a wonderful hubby now and i hope everything works out for ya!

Kelly,mom of 3

NurseK
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:48 PM
thats up to you. I guess the question is..did you lie about your age?
and remember, anything that goes to and from a prison always gets read.
caringmom1863
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Yes you have to tell your husband. Talk to him about it. If he isn't dangerous I would write the letter but I would talk to a lawyer first. Just to be on the safe side. If he has kids and is not a danger to you or your child write the letter. This world is hard enough for kids an if they have a dad who wants to be in there lives then do it. I'm sure your husband is wonderful but if he truly loves you he will respect your decision. But be-careful,  you protect yourself too so talk to a lawyer. If you did lie about your age then the man is in jail and he is innocent. That would be hard for me to live with and I am fairly sure it would be for you too. If not you wouldn't be thinking about writing the letter. Does he want to see your child? Good luck hun it not a good situation to be in. Keep in touch and let me know what you decide and what happens.

caringmom1863
Renelephant
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM
You HAVE to tell HUBBY!!  It SOUNDS like you are a very LUCKY LADY to have him!!! He obviously feels the same way about YOU!!!  HUBBY, married you with new baby that wasn't his etc.  I'm sure he had  to have figured the other guy was goint to eventually show up in your life IN SOME KIND OF WAY!! 

I'M HOPING (LOL)  that you WON'T WRITE THE LETTER UNTIL YOU TALK TO HUBBY!!! 

GOOD LUCK!!

"Renelephant"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)