Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ok, ever since I have had my boys my hair has been driving me crazy. My hair used to flip under, now it only flips out. I have it short and it still flips out. I think I am about to pull a Brittany Spears and shave it all off. Anyone else's hair changed after they had kids and if so does it ever go back to normal?
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Replies (11-17):
tree45
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM
 Belly Laugh      
                   SORRY TO SAY GIRLS,
                       BUT ITS CALLED
                         GETTING OLD!

livehealthy
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM
My hair completely changed when I got pregnant and even after I had the baby.  I had curly long hair.  During pregnancy my hair was thick but it would thin out at the ends and looked horrible so I chopped it off.  Well, It's been a year and a half since I've had my baby and now my problem is frizziness, dryness and it won't grow.  I would like to think it will go back to normal but I really don't know. 

I'm interested in trying out a product called Ojon and the website I found for it is www.ojon.com.  I looked around at products on their website after reading your post and for controlling the hair what might work is the Ojon Conditioning Finishing Paste.  I heard about Ojon through a friend.  I have no idea if this will help your situation.  And since I haven't tried it myself yet but I'm hoping to soon, I don't have anything to say about it on a personal level yet.  Definitely research the product first to see if it's right for you and if you aren't allergic to any of the ingredients.  All I know is I'm getting very impatient and I want my hair to grow back or I just might have no choice but to keep it short. 

Good luck to better hair days!
missy1879
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 1:32 PM
Well, I have always had thick hair also and  I am also thinking it is getting thicker. I know you can lose lots of hair up to a year after your child is born. My poor DH thinks I am cousin IT with all the hair i lose. He ask me will it ever end.
Quoting jel_e_been:

My hair has always been curly and super thick. Since having my 4 kids and multiple surgeries my hair seems even thicker, but I lose hair by the gobs. I don't understand it, it's like the more hair I lose the thicker it gets. Drives me absolutely insane.

jel_e_been
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Cousin IT...I'm sorry that is just too funny!! lol lol
Quoting missy1879:

Well, I have always had thick hair also and I am also thinking it is getting thicker. I know you can lose lots of hair up to a year after your child is born. My poor DH thinks I am cousin IT with all the hair i lose. He ask me will it ever end.
Quoting jel_e_been:

My hair has always been curly and super thick. Since having my 4 kids and multiple surgeries my hair seems even thicker, but I lose hair by the gobs. I don't understand it, it's like the more hair I lose the thicker it gets. Drives me absolutely insane.

amandasrainbow
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Mine became thinner and stringy.

Happy Thursday ;

Amanda

LaRock
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM
     Your hair can change during and after the baby comes to town.  Yes it is hormones.  Sometimes your hair will go back to what it was and sometimes it stays.  Well I am not sure how long your hair is.  If it is long and bushy then after you wash your hair while it is still wet scrunch it up with your hand and it should make it like you have spiral curls.  If it is thick and tangly than mix 1/4 conditioner and 3'4 water in a spray bottle and it will take those unruly tangles out.  If it is some other problem let me know.  My family has all different hair types so maybe if you could explain more than I may have another suggestion for you.  It could also be your thyroid is out of whack from being pregnant.  You may want to discuss this with your MD.  Good Luck and happy mothering.
missygk
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:47 PM
my hair started falling out after i had my kids and it still is GRRRRRRR!!!! my youngest is 5yrs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)