Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

6 Flags Tragedy

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM
  • 18 Replies
A Tragedy @ Six Flaggz
Body: A terrible tragedy has happened yesterday June 21, 2007 @ our local amusement park Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.
Today around 4:45pm est the ride Superman aka hellivator malfunctioned. The ride takes you up about 177ft in the air and you free fall going about 56mph. On the descend a cable breaks and from the force of wind it wraps around BOTH legs of a 13 yr old girl from right above the ankles and litterally RIPS them off.
As of right now I don't know the current condition of the little girl. She's been in surgery for a few hours. I'm asking everyone to pray for this girl and her family.
This is no hoax. You can go to whas11.com our local station and read all about it. THE ARTICLE IS CALLED "Inspection begins after girl's legs severed". Please pray for her and her family. Post this as much as you can so everyone on myspace can eventually read this and say a prayer. I felt compelled to do this so I am. Thank you all!!

by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_love_my_bubba
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:03 PM
 I read about this shortly after it happened. That's really scary, they closed down alot of those rides throughout the country.
3angelcakes
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Me and the Jesus Freaks group will keep her in our prayers.

luvinmyeano
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:05 PM
SHE IS RIGHT THIS ISN'T A HOAX....I LIVE JUST NORTH OF LOUISVILLE ABOUT 20 MIN. FROM KENTUCKY KINGDOM...AND CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE ACTUALLY RIDDEN THAT RIDE...IT MAKES ME SHUDDER TO THINK...ANYWAY FROM WHAT I HEARD IN THE NEWS AND FROM A NURSE FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS DONE SOME WORK AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE HOSPITAL...THAT THE 13 Y.O. GIRL ACTUALLY HAD TO BE TRANSFERRED TO VANDERBILT...AND I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO REATTACH THEM...PRAYERS ARE MOST DEFINITELY NEEDED:)
ROBIN99
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:07 PM

I SAW THAT ON THE NEWS, BUT I DID NOT REALIZE THE GIRL WAS ONLY 13. OMG! THAT IS SOOOOOO HORRIBLE.

WE WERE THERE JUST 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THAT, AND I GUESS LUCKILY MY SON WAS TOO SHORT FOR THAT PARTICULAR RIDE, SO WE DID NOT GO ON THAT ONE.  SO IM PRAYING FOR HER AND I THANK GOD FOR SPARING US THAT TRAGEDY.
chamorrita
Wow! it's been so long....
Sunday at 10:43 PM
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:09 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with her.
SEXYMOMMA62
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:10 PM
i hope everything is okay with her. i will praying for her family.
PJ69
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:10 PM

The day before this happened my friend & I were planning our trip to the local 6 Flags here (MO) and I was mortified.  I have prayed for this girl and her family since I heard about the tragedy on my cnn.com breaking news email!  God will be with her!

dannersmell
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM
i live in oklahoma and i heard about it on the news that afternoon it happend! it's a very sad and upsetting thing! kinda makes you rethink getting on a ride, doesn't it? i will also be praying for the little girl! it's gonna be a hard recovery, so i will be praying for her to have the strength to overcome this mishap! 

Glitter Graphics

DonnaD100
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:57 PM
I had also heard about this story on the news here in NY, my thoughts and prayers go out to this poor little girl.   
ndianne
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Hi I live in South Carolina and I heard about this  situation. I do hope they can help this young lady. How horrible for her family.... My prayers go oout to her for a speedy recovery!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)