Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need camping suggestions!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
We are going camping this weekend, I have not been camping in awhile with children. We are stumped about easy camping dinners and lunches, so any good recipes out there ladies? We also need some fun children activities that do not invovle camp fire (fire restriction in AZ), we are taking my son 8 years old and my niece 6.

Thanks for all your help!!
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
britt_a
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Hi, we just started taking our son camping too. For dinner we do dutch oven. Potatoes, steak, bacon, carrotts, whatever we feel like putting in. You can also cook those on a gas grill if you can't have a campfire. We use whats left of the potatoes steak and bacon, add eggs and wrap them in a tortilla for breakfast burritos. Usually comes out very good. Last time for breakfast we brought some ham and cheese and put them in crescents. Very good. We usually just do sandwiches for lunch.  For activites try taking them on a little hike. Let them get some energy out! lol. Or have them point out what animals they can find. even if it's just lizards. Hope this helps.
kerri98
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:43 PM
Do you have a coleman stove, or anything like that you will be taking? My husband and I camp all summer long with our two boys, 6 and 3. They love ramen noodles and mac n cheese. Those little stoves work perfect, and it's quick and easy. If they eat sandwich's, that's a very easy lunch. As for activities, what do they like to do? We take football's, trucks to push around, games to play. Of course, their favorite is swimming. Will you be at a lake? If so, get water toys to play with. Collect rocks, leaves, etc. I hope you all have a wonderful time!!! My kids love it.
Shann04
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:44 PM
Girl i was just going to ask the same questions. Were going camping too and I have a 5 month old and 4 year old. Im really nervous!
llarson
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:45 PM
You can make a solar oven and cook with it. You can cook grilled cheese, pizza, hot dogs, etc. It's a fun family project!

Here's a great site: http://www.solarcooking.org/

I'm going to go crazy and I'm taking you with me!

SVSASHER
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:50 PM
we go camping alot and we eat sandwiches for lunch and sweet rolls and juice for breakfast. we hike , swim, spot animals, collect rocks. but most of all we have fun and relax with our family.
PJ69
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Oh the things you can do w/ a coleman stove!  One of our fave meals is steak with veggie packs...

we use cauliflower, carrotts, zucchini, potatoes 
cut up & put in aluminin foil with some butter or oil, seasoning, and a few ice cubes.  Fold the foil tightly, to make a little pack & cook for about 20-30 mins!  The veggies always turn out so tender & yummy!  Even my daughter loves em! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN