Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OK DON'T THINK I'M STUPID!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm wanting to take Abby swimming at our apartment's pool.  I got the swimsuit and a little boat with a cover over it.  Now the problem.  I was looking at the lil swimmers and the small says 16lbs and up.  Ok, Abby is 5 mths. old, but she only weighs 12lbs.  I need to know from ya'll if the swimmers are gonna be to big or what ya'll use.  Please help cause I have no idea!!!!!!!

by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemybaileyboo
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM
they should be ok! may be a little big but not much! try them on her first and if they r to big, save them, kids grow fast!! if they don't fit, i have no idea what to do since its a public pool! wish i could help other than that
TommysMommy04
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM
I use the little swimmers for my son and those should be just fine on her
lvubelle26
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:57 PM
i seen these swim suits at walmart that are like build in diapers they dont need one.. they were by the bows for little girls... havent looked anywear else
mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:58 PM
I would use them because a diaper sucks when it is soaking wet, they fall apart and all these little balls of gel come out of them.  I think that it is ok if it is a little big on her.

Amber
Dawn504
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:59 PM

i think it will be fine does her swim suit have bottoms? if they do im sure it be fine
mom4jads
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:02 PM
try the little swimmer on her before you to the pool, if they gap anywhere on her don't use them. Don't use regular diapers on her. This can get her and everyone else sick. If you can they make swim suits with diapers already built in. hope this helped!  
greendunkn
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:02 PM
They should be totally fine. They seem a little small anyway...atleast that's my experience. But look at it this way, if they try to blame your daughter for peeing in the pool, you can atleast say that you have a little swimmer on her, so it's not your daughter...hehe
Sunsetblues
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM
my daughter is 8mos old, 18lbs, and I tell you, she's in small and they seem big on her.  Chances are, her swim suit will hold it on, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Should be fine
kylasmom06
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM
in my experience they are actually small, my daughter uses the same ones, she weighs 23 pounds, but they seem too small for her, even though they say up to 34 pounds, they should be fine on your daughter, and the others are right about not using a diaper, hope this helps
Alex_n_Mac
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM
the little swimmers seem to run smaller than that for my babies. they are always really tight. i think you should be ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)