Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any beauticians out there?????

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay ladies,..... here is a current pic of me with no makeup and my hair is just washed and air dried. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of style would look good on me. I have layers everywhere. Or if anyone has any suggestions on websites that I could use a free virtual hairstyle picker thingy? What shape is my face? I kinda think it is square but oval too. What do you think? Any and all suggestions or opinions are welcome!!

Thank you in advance!!!

by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tarabon
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Hi!  I am a hairstlyist and I think that your face is more oval than square.  Do you use any products in your hair at all?  If you do a cute funky style would look great on you.  Maybe have it razor cut and flip it out in the back.  I don't know of any websites to go on though.  Hope this helps a little.
MusicMom823
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM
I think you would look cute getting rid of the couple inches that hang lower in the back, and then use the layers to fluff up/curl forward the sides to frame your face.  I'm not a professional, but it's an opinion.  Have fun deciding!
ceciliam
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM
Hi,

I am a 19 year veteran.LOL!
You look oval to me.
I would grow out your bangs longer and side sweep them.
Grow out your layers to longer layers & grow out the length to just touching shoulders. Have the front angled from jaw level down.
With those changes you can towel dry let your hair dry,flip up side down...shake it & done.
Since your hair is fine look for a volumizer to put in your hair after you towel dry.
Hope this helps.

LaylaBeth
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:06 PM
I'm a stylist too, and agree with the above posts.

What about some highlights? Nothing too dramatic, maybe just some caramel streaks, here and there?

:-)

~L~
ceciliam
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM
Volumizing Shampoos & Conditioners will help you too.
okiemama
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Thank you to all who responded! I really appreciate it. Does anyone else have any ideas? I am ready for something different, something easy and cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)