Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do i get rid of an annoying Cardinal?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM
  • 30 Replies
Ok,I have this red bird pecking @ all of my windows on my house...it pecks @ all times during the day...it wakes us up very early in the A.M....I don't want 2 kill it but my husband does...it is driving us CRAZY! What can we do 2 get rid of it!(besides shooting it) Sum1 told us 2 put newspapers on the windows...another person told us 2 get a fake owl & put it near the windows.Any suggestions?PLEASE HELP!
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blondee512
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM
An owl will work.
Robyn218
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:23 PM
That would drive me nutzzzz too!    What if you ran to the window and screamed at it a few times. He might get the message after a few days....  Did you see the movie, "Failure to Launch" with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew MC ______.  There was a bird driving the roommate crazy...  You just have to see it.  
feb2768
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:25 PM
He sees his reflection and thinks it's another male. Cardinals defend their area. That's what he's doing.......One idea - Cut out of dark paper (black, dark blue) the shape of a flying bird and tape it to your window......Second idea - tape up newspaper or other dark paper over the window so that he can't see his reflection.......Third idea - wait it out. He and his mate are most likely nesting and it'll be over once their raise their young....Good luck. Try not to kill it. Song birds are disappearing in great numbers in North America........And no I'm not a bird nut, but do know something about this because it happens every spring at our house.
feb2768
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Quoting Robyn218:

That would drive me nutzzzz too!    What if you ran to the window and screamed at it a few times. He might get the message after a few days....  Did you see the movie, "Failure to Launch" with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew MC ______.  There was a bird driving the roommate crazy...  You just have to see it.  

That's a very funny scene. LMAO
merrygogranny
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:27 PM
does your window face the rising sun? I'm thinking the bird sees its reflection in the window and thinks it's another bird. Do try covering the outside of the window with something to see if it stops.
sagi6666
Get a Cat...
NewMom304
That's too bad.  I LOVE cardinals.  They are so pretty.  That would be annoying.  I don't have a solutions.  Sorry.
pregogirl
Shoot it.. lol J/k I will bump this for you, I have no idea
NewMom304
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Interesting!
Quoting feb2768:

He sees his reflection and thinks it's another male. Cardinals defend their area. That's what he's doing.......One idea - Cut out of dark paper (black, dark blue) the shape of a flying bird and tape it to your window......Second idea - tape up newspaper or other dark paper over the window so that he can't see his reflection.......Third idea - wait it out. He and his mate are most likely nesting and it'll be over once their raise their young....Good luck. Try not to kill it. Song birds are disappearing in great numbers in North America........And no I'm not a bird nut, but do know something about this because it happens every spring at our house.
lucy23794
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:29 PM
lol i know you find it annoying but hes so cute when doing that. i'd put an owl or a cat by the window. i think that'll work. try it and tell us if it works. :) i wonder why he does that?

Please Join My Group!

Music and Art Lovers!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/musicandartlovers

Leave me a tree and I'll leave you one in return, it's for a good cause!  

october gal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN