Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oh my Gosh! I am so sick of this

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:28 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am overwieght. I weigh 220 lbs and I am 5 ft 7. I was 130 before I had my daughter 5 years ago. I have just packed on the pounds due to depression, fibromyalgia and just plain poor eating. I know I am a fattie, ok?!

What really pisses me off is when random people ask me how far along I am! They ask me if I know IF I am having a boy or a girl!

Just because a woman has a gut does not mean she is PREGNANT! Men have guts and they don't have to worry about that!

What really burns my ass is that I CANNOT HAVE CHILDREN anymore. Cancer robbed me of that. So its like a burn when a person asks me about pregancy. It just shoves it in my face that I am 1)FAT 2)Can't get pregnant.

Ok ladies, vent over.

Are you a Siren? Join other moms who just  have fun!

by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nemiller
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:31 PM
that's one of the biggest reasons i don't ask unless i KNOW a person is pregnant.  i'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  : (

setgirl
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM
just look at em and say

oh im sorry you must be stuck on stupid today

Stupidity is as contagious as an STD so becareful
who you come in contact with

put your big girl panties on

i have a spare if you need em

im surrounded by idiots

so im fluent in dumbass

Robyn218
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM
VERY GOOD!
Quoting setgirl:

just look at em and say

char411
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:38 PM
hey hon u r not fat!!!! ur r big and lovely and dont u forget it. i am so sorry that u r unable to have any more children but god had that planed so no need to be upset guess he just thought u r a good mom now that u cant share that with any more kids then the one u have now cause then they would be fighting over u to be next to them all the time. much love to u and put a smile on that pretty face of urs
Expectingpeanut
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:42 PM
Sorry you are going through this!

I have the opposite problem, people look at me like I am fat and I am almost 6 months pregnant.  I had a lady ask me if I wanted to start a diet with her.  i about punched her in the face.  Thank God my hubby was with me.  I mean I am not small in the first place, started this pregnany at a little over 200lbs, but how rude can people be?
rachelcvt
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:43 PM
Ditto
Quoting nemiller:

that's one of the biggest reasons i don't ask unless i KNOW a person is pregnant.  i'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  : (
Rachel, mother of Talen 
Gruntlings
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM
They're trying to show polite interest.

I'm always asked what country I'm from. I have a bit of an accent because I have a hearing loss. So in this multi-cultural city of NYC, everyone assumes I'm from someplace exotic. I could get pissed because it's a constant reminder that I have some very real signs of my hearing loss that are beyond my control despite many many years of speech therapy.... Or I can just assume that they're being polite and trying to engage in conversation about something that people generally enjoy talking about.

Some days it does kick me in the face, though. So I understand where you're coming from. I don't think there really is a "safe" topic of conversation, though.

When you tell them you're not pregnant, trust me- they feel just as bad as you do. One of my male friends told me about how he once asked a woman when she was due and it turned out she wasn't pregnant, and how he felt like the world's biggest jerk and as a result will NOT ask a woman when she's due even if she's in the middle of labor. :p
dakatw
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM
I get it all the time too and it really pisses me off! I hear so when are you due? ALL THE TIME. Ugh! Or someone will tell me that I'm fat. Grrrr! Like I didn't know and needed someone to tell me. Well gee thanks for that info, I guess I'll stop eating now.....

Many people see a plus sized woman and think that she has no self control. Noone realizes that it might be medical related. I am so sorry that you cannot have children anymore. I really am. If you ever need to vent again, just PM me.
ghfreak
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:58 PM
thats a good one!!!!! lol
Quoting setgirl:

just look at em and say

metalmomma25
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM
Yeah, but a pregnant woman has different shaped belly than a woman who is overweight. really, its not that hard to tell. I would't ask a pregnant woman any questions about her pregnancy unless she was obviously pregnant. (I wouldn't ask anyways because they get sick of "do you know what the sex is"?" have you thought of any names" "when are you due?'..I know I did, especially from strangers!)
Quoting Gruntlings:

They're trying to show polite interest.

I'm always asked what country I'm from. I have a bit of an accent because I have a hearing loss. So in this multi-cultural city of NYC, everyone assumes I'm from someplace exotic. I could get pissed because it's a constant reminder that I have some very real signs of my hearing loss that are beyond my control despite many many years of speech therapy.... Or I can just assume that they're being polite and trying to engage in conversation about something that people generally enjoy talking about.

Some days it does kick me in the face, though. So I understand where you're coming from. I don't think there really is a "safe" topic of conversation, though.

When you tell them you're not pregnant, trust me- they feel just as bad as you do. One of my male friends told me about how he once asked a woman when she was due and it turned out she wasn't pregnant, and how he felt like the world's biggest jerk and as a result will NOT ask a woman when she's due even if she's in the middle of labor. :p

Are you a Siren? Join other moms who just  have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN