Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HOW DO YOU GET SAND OUT OF YOUR KIDS HAIR??

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM
  • 26 Replies
MY GIRLS WERE PLAYING IN THEIR SANDBOX ALL DAY AND I SWEAR THEY BROUGHT ALL THE SAND IN WITH THEM IN THEIR HAIR....HOW DO YOU GET SAND OUT OF YOUR KIDS HAIR????

CHECK OUT MY PAINTDOTNET SHOWCASE GALLERY

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37556/boards/read/3854546/SRJ_7128_S_SHOWCASE_GALLERY 

DONT FORGET TO LEAVE ME COMMENTS ON THE COMMENT PAGE

by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama9506
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:47 PM

shake it off and wash her hair...

Mamadeuce
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:49 PM
you just have to pick it out, get a real fine toothed comb and try to comb it out.

Mommyofacutie
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:49 PM

run your hands thru it and then wash it, I don't know but that is what we did and it came out! Good Luck!! 

Lakeland_Mom
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:52 PM
thats the reason i got rid of a sandbox all that sand in hair and in my house... oh and that and i found a black widow spider in there sand box... they likve the mosture and sand so be careful
srj-7128
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM

THANKS EVERYONE....I TRIED SHAKING IT OUT OUTSIDE AND THEN AGAIN AFTER I GAVE THEM A BATH....THEN I ALSO TIRED BRUSHING IT AND COMBING IT.....IT IS STILL NOT ALL OUT....BUT MOST OF IT! I GUESS IM GOING TO KEEP COMBING....

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37556/boards/read/3854546/SRJ_7128_S_SHOWCASE_GALLERY 

srj-7128
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM
THANKS....I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I HATE THE SAND BOX I HARDLY LET THEM PLAY IN IT BECAUSE THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME...THEY LOVE IT....BUT I SWEAR THERE IS SAND EVERY WHERE!!!
Quoting Lakeland_Mom:

thats the reason i got rid of a sandbox all that sand in hair and in my house... oh and that and i found a black widow spider in there sand box... they likve the mosture and sand so be careful

BEXi
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM
wash it out? lol.
feb2768
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 7:00 PM
We use baby powder. Sprinkle it on and then comb it out. It works great on the bare skin too.
mommabh3
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 7:32 PM
yep,  we found a black widow in ours too.  actually my son did,  and he was 2 at the time.  we got rid of that thing in a heartbeat.

to  OP,  shake the hair,  wash,  and rinse, rinse, rinse
Quoting Lakeland_Mom:

momofm_j
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM
my DH told me to tell you to takethe nozzle on your vaccumm cleaner and suck it out....... but i have just washed it out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)